Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Agreed, in terms of the first paragraph. Chelsea haven’t done that badly though in changing managers to be fair. Not saying I want that, but Pep now has to show the players are playing for him. Dias, Laporte, De Bruyne, and Foden back in the side. Lewis back on the subs bench along with Akanji.
I think most would agree with getting those players back in. They were hardly tearing it up this season though, and not down to the manager’s tactics, they were just poor. It depends what’s going on behind the scenes. If they’re being mard arses, and again we don’t know, leave them on the bench. If this is about the odd comment here and there in press conferences about player performance (this unhappy player theory seemed to start after Pep remarked on KDB’s contribution this season), I’d be more disappointed in the players than the manager.

Disappointing result but we have taken part in an historic event that will become a quiz question in years to come.
What was the game City lost before going on their world record 1000 match winning streak?

A lot of drunken entitled posts tonight
Basically one fuck up as ever cost us
One fuck up didn’t really cost us though did it. The half arsed 90 minute performance cost us far more. People are perfectly in their right to criticize after what’s been frankly a pretty piss poor few months by our standards.

A lot of people talking about false nines or playing with a striker and we’ve just played with two! For that to work we’d need similar players to Raz & Leroy in their pomp or two overlapping quick fullbacks, that’s two-three new signings away and a period of implementation
I’ve thought the same. Looks like the bargain striker at £51m will cost a bit more in the long run. He’s quality but needs service.

Laporte is our best distributor from the back and can switch the play and Dias can speed the tempo up.
Just get them 2 back in for starters..ask FOden are yiu happ earning millions? If yes..tell hom to fking earn ot. Bernie. Fk off to Spain or wherever..what do you mean they dont pay the same...que sopriendo..earn it here or fk off then. Its badocs isnt if. They sll want millions but i. Reality to earn that you need guts and balls

I don’t disagree with that.

I’ve said in the Pep thread, I think our current side would lose to our 2012, 2014, and 2018 and 2019 teams. I think that 2017-18 team would beat our current side about 4-0.

We aren’t as good as we were and 2nd would be a good season for this team.

Yep.

No one can look at that lineup and think ‘champions’, even before taking into account the performances.

My feeling toward pep are just like yours, he is the best manager in the world bar none, am not questioning that ?
what I am saying is the players are not giving 100%, he has lost the dressing room and a power struggle is going on between the players and pep, it's clear as Mud that world-class players are on the bench for a reason,

Cancelo was the first to moan and got a move, and many more will be out the door if something does not give ?
pep ego is the problem now, because we have lost again, it's now one up for the players and a told us so,

one big meeting is needed to draw a line and start again ? forget the title, it's gone, you think we beat arsenal twice playing like we have today ?

I answered your question ? It's nothing to do with me about who should be manager, fans do not get a say in who's going to be the new manager,
I also understand where you’re coming from, but how sure are we that the play is indicative of a lost dressing room and not the complacency that usually comes with winning so much? How can you conclude that the World Cup has not had a detrimental effect on us when we had the most players in Qatar in the league?

I apologize for being rude initially, I should’ve just suggested to you that maybe you should consider the other possible mitigating factors in what has been essentially a one-off season. Gundogan was devastated after the exit, no doubt Bernardo and Ruben were frustrated that their tournament was interrupted by Ronaldo’s circus, and KDB was and has seemed moody since then. Spain were shell shocked and Netherlands tournament ended bitterly after the exhilaration of a last minute equalizer to go to extra time. All out of Pep’s control.

In my experience, complacency can look like downed tools. I do not believe that to be the case.

Not that, its the total lack of direction

That comes with players giving everything since pep been here any other manager would have us where world class manager Klopp is. As fans you look for why we playing like we are and looking who to blame it’s just a season of transition behave players want out and we want a revamp in the summer! Oh and spurs have our number even when we’re at our peak!

View attachment 68159
For those old enough… never forget. Some right dick heads on here. You’ve no idea what supporting a football club is meant to be about. We’re going to go through a massive change in the next 12 months. I hope you Lot have fucked off when we’re brilliant again - with Pep. Spoilt brats
I know mate … maroon shorts with that kit yes please;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.