Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Have we had a worse record in a stadium than the new Spurs stadium in recent times? Klanfield aside

Edit: just checked. 5 games, 5 losses and 0 goals scored.

Last edited:
Arsenal fan here, not here to gloat after all we lost as well. Just my 3rd party perspective but a lot of your players seem to simultaneously be off colour. Typically, when that happens in modern football it is the manager that is fired. I still think you guys got a good shot because we are inexperienced and over reliant on Partey. That being said, i just like to ask since i am no expert on your clubs dealings if the season is disappointing would Pep be in serious danger? And if Pep goes who would you guys want?
I don't think Its about who we want as Manager, for me i think Pep is a bit fed up with it all, press slagging the club etc, I think he feels f'k this, The players then get irate and start being prima dona pussies, and it all looks pretty poor. Tbh, i think the fans loyalty over the years - 125 years there or thereabouts, is the only consistency. I think we have had our current good run .... say 15 years. Possibly we may come again, its cyclical, great in late 60's, had a great team late 70's big Mal f'ked that up, Howard got us back on track (Niall Quinn brace to win at your place was the one for me, cold night mind you) then take over changed us, BUT we will drop off, possibly for many years, it's feasible. One thing that will be consistent = we have one of the genuinely most loyal and largest fan bases in the country (despite what social 'meeja 'try and portray) ...whoever takes over and whatever division we reside...just part of being a City Fan...we will be here in a 100 managers time be it Billy McNeil or a Pep

supposedly pep and city don’t keep players when they want to leave but bernardo is in 4th window wanting to leave yet he starts over bruyne?! in important game?!

City say if you want to leave then get a club to bring an offer.

Bernardo hasn't been able to do that as he wants a team like Barca - however they are skint.

Fair enough also when you consider WC season and your squad has so many internationals and all those trophies and cups, i mean no one can win everything every year. A lot more has been asked of your squad and still is because you guys win so much. Again not counting you guys out at all not this year or afterwards just wanted City fans take, pretty much what i think also
Agreed. Many factors even disregarding the rumour factory. I am not going to lose sleep if Arsenal win it but it's imperative we finish above the rags as their giddyometer is off the scale.

They do everything to please Pep, which also includes giving him the type of players he wants to play a certain way, regardless of name.

We are making stupid mistakes in the market, trying to replace legends.

£100m on Jack, £42m on Ake, £42m on Phillips, £16m on Akanji.

£200m on players who we either didn't need or wouldn't exactly miss if we had kept the money in the bank.

The problem is the first cycle under Pep still included Silva, Fern, Vinny, Sergio.

This next evolution is looking to players who are far removed from that talent and mindset.

And the ones who might have it in De Bruyne and Gundo are past their peaks.

I am more fearful that we can't evolve again with Pep at the helm, simply because he is wedded to a philosophy which may have also come to the end of its cycle.

Pep should have got himself a strong assistant in the summer, rather than a bunch of yes men.

I've been very critical of Grealish recently but today is one of the few occasions where I fault sorry for him. He tried his arse off and never shyed away from the ball. He's been let down by his coach today.

As much as I love pep he's the issue. The players and system is all wrong. Nobody is comfortable with their shape or role. He has the best #9 and yet never gives him the ball.

I’d go with this line-up for the next month (with KDB and Foden rotated in when needed).

Get Bernardo in an old David Silva role (I thought that was why we bought him), looking for balls in to Haaland as early as he can. He’s incredible on the ball and can unlock defences but not when he’s restricted by having to stay wide or having to defend too much. Grealish attacking and affecting the game in the middle.

The full backs can sometimes come in to support CDM, but the CB’s stay in central defence and generally, the defence should give us a solid base.

Attachments

• 4EAD0962-46D0-4862-9B44-47EB5CD12DAA.jpeg
    4EAD0962-46D0-4862-9B44-47EB5CD12DAA.jpeg
    357.5 KB · Views: 18
I'm as frustrated as anyone and wish Pep would drop the changes he has implemented, however I think those saying Pep needs to leave are being utterly ridiculous.

i’m not saying leave… i’m saying he will walk…..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.