Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Arsenal fan here, not here to gloat afterall we lost as well. Just my 3rd party perspective but a lot of your players seem to simultaneously be off color. Typically, when that happens in modern football it is the manager that is fired. I still think you guys got a good shot because we are inexperienced and over reliant on Partey. That being said, i just like to ask since i am no expert on your clubs dealings if the season is disappointing would Pep be in serious danger? And if Pep goes who would you guys want?
Pep will never be sacked from City, never. But he will walk when the players don’t respond to him any more, and they aren’t right now. If this continues for the rest of the season, it’s not inconceivable that Pep resigns. There’s clearly a lot of shit going on right now in the squad. Dias frozen out, Foden frozen out, KDB dropping off a cliff and no longer an automatic starter. The Cancelo issue. Laporte not being picked, Phillips clearly not impressing Pep one bit with his approach. Gomez being useless and no longer trusted to play. Bernardo wanting to leave for over 2 years and playing like it. There’s just a lot going on and I can’t rule out a resignation in the summer right now. Depends how the rest of the season goes in terms of a response from the players, whether they convince Pep they want to play for him and how comfortably we make top 4, if we make top 4.

Fair enough also when you consider WC season and your squad has so many internationals and all those trophies and cups, i mean no one can win everything every year. A lot more has been asked of your squad and still is because you guys win so much. Again not counting you guys out at all not this year or afterwards just wanted City fans take, pretty much what i think also
Pep is fucking with their noodles, simple as that. The line up today was a joke, 4-2-4 with a kid at left back who usually plays on the right, bonkers. Spurs are an anti football bunch of shithouse cunts, glad you twatted them and won’t be too fussed if you win the league.
Wouldnt write us off for the league just yet, Silva wants out and has been very poor since the WC, KDB is still our best player and we need Foden back. In a way you can now write us off at the Toilet, we have never scored their and probably never will. A week on Wednesday should be fun !

Anyone confident about Leipzig? They’re now 16 games unbeaten and haven’t lost since 17th September. They are going to be worth a punt I reckon.
Well, you could also say that in the past we've approached this stage of the Ch League looking unbeatable by any team on the planet - then a series of unfortunate events usually resulted in our elimination. It's a cup competition - you don't need to be the best to win it - look at Liverpool - broke the record for games lost en route to winning the thing. So, with our poor form and Leipzig's superb form, that makes them favourites doesn't it ? Suits me - at some point form will return for us and every mistake won't result in a goal conceded. I've always felt that us winning the thing would be the result of a roller coaster ride and not a procession.

Watching this unfold with Haaland I think is doing some serious damage to our ability to recruit the very top players. Haaland will be telling Bellingham he'd be nuts to come here...
Haaland is about to obliterate the PL goal scoring record. Be a bit odd if he told his mate this isn’t the place to be to progress

They do everything to please Pep, which also includes giving him the type of players he wants to play a certain way, regardless of name.

We are making stupid mistakes in the market, trying to replace legends.

£100m on Jack, £42m on Ake, £42m on Phillips, £16m on Akanji.

£200m on players who we either didn't need or wouldn't exactly miss if we had kept the money in the bank.

The problem is the first cycle under Pep still included Silva, Fern, Vinny, Sergio.

This next evolution is looking to players who are far removed from that talent and mindset.

And the ones who might have it in De Bruyne and Gundo are past their peaks.

I am more fearful that we can't evolve again with Pep at the helm, simply because he is wedded to a philosophy which may have also come to the end of its cycle.

Pep should have got himself a strong assistant in the summer, rather than a bunch of yes men.
I agree on the Pep’s stubborn philosophy part, but Grealish and Ake were our best players today and the Akanji deal was a good deal for a back-up CB.

You forgot to mention the £52m Haaland also, which isn’t a Pep signing. But I think we know we’ve probably paid a lot more for him in reality and he can pretty much leave whenever he wants.

I don't think Its about who we want as Manager, for me i think Pep is a bit fed up with it all, press slagging the club etc, I think he feels f'k this, The players then get irate and start being prima dona pussies, and it all looks pretty poor. Tbh, i think the fans loyalty over the years - 125 years there or thereabouts, is the only consistency. I think we have had our current good run .... say 15 years. Possibly we may come again, its cyclical, great in late 60's, had a great team late 70's big Mal f'ked that up, Howard got us back on track (Niall Quinn brace to win at your place was the one for me, cold night mind you) then take over changed us, BUT we will drop off, possibly for many years, it's feasible. One thing that will be consistent = we have one of the genuinely most loyal and largest fan bases in the country (despite what social 'meeja 'try and portray) ...whoever takes over and whatever division we reside...just part of being a City Fan...we will be here in a 100 managers time be it Billy McNeil or a Pep
Tottenham regularly piss on our chips as well

Pep will never be sacked from City, never. But he will walk when the players don’t respond to him any more, and they aren’t right now. If this continues for the rest of the season, it’s not inconceivable that Pep resigns. There’s clearly a lot of shit going on right now in the squad. Dias frozen out, Foden frozen out, KDB dropping off a cliff and no longer an automatic starter. Laporte not being picked, Phillips clearly not impressing Pep one bit with his approach. Gomez being useless and no longer trusted to play. Bernardo wanting to leave for over 2 years and playing like it. There’s just a lot going on and I can’t rule out a resignation in the summer right now. Depends how the rest of the season goes in terms of a response from the players and how comfortably we make top 4, if we make top 4.
Is Dias fully fit?

Might be that his No2 is not right for the job? He had reliable assistants in Arteta, Kidd etc. I think his 'single mindedness' is preventing him heeding advice? Or he is confusing the players with his instructions??

it's an ego problem with pep, he can never be wrong, when a player says something back to him about it, they are gone, I feel the players have lost trust or don't believe in him any more and have spoken out ?

you get 1 or 2 gangs forming with players in football squads and all have each other backs, that's when a very good coach/manager needs a middle man, and it normally gets sorted out and nipped in the bud very quickly, but I feel this time the major players have been made a scape goat for the reason we have dipped this season,

could understand if it was finding away to fit Haaland into the squad but that not the reason with his goals total already this season, but it feels more about the defence setup and players being asked to cover the major problem at left back, Pep has tried playing 3 or 4 centre backs and Rico Lewis and never really sort the problem out,

also Gomez ? why is he not playing, got to be a better option than playing a centre back in AKE or Lewis.
why not give the other young lad Joshua Wilson Esbrand a chance,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.