Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I got a bright take on the game tonight:
If spurs get ahead of the rags this year, from these three points. And we take back to back wins against Arsenal?

Yes, I'll take this loss anytime.

Hate to say it but I think it’s going to happen and pep will leave . Greatest manager we have had and ever will but all things come to an end . It’s not just pep either as too many players have got lazy winning trophy’s and are not hungry for it .
I think you're completely wrong. Everyone on here suffers from Blue Moon Syndrome. They think every loss is a crisis, every tactical switch is a disaster if it doesn't work out, and so on.

What I see is a squad that has come through a couple of gruelling seasons and are now finding it difficult to keep that level up. It has been relentless for the past 2-3 years, and then we have had the World Cup to contend with in the middle of this season. On top of that we've had considerable disruption with how we play due to signing Haaland, but not just that, with changes throughout the team as well, with players coming in, others leaving, others being injured. How are they supposed to adapt to a new system if they've been out for a while? Not all new players settle in straight away, and there's always at least one who isn't happy - currently it seems to have been Cancelo - so all there has been all this to contend with. Other clubs also get used to how we play, so it's never going to be as easy the next time around.

Arsenal - our only contenders so far - haven't really had those problems to deal with, certainly not to the same extent, yet we're still in touch and ahead of everybody else. It might get better, it might get worse, but I don't think there's anything wrong, I think it's just too much football and expectations are too high and a lot of people, professional pundits included, don't take half of this into consideration. Liverpool were always less well equipped than us and look how they've fallen. The problem is it's just a long, tough season and I don't think it's much more than that. People are going along with the usual media hype and reading too much into it.

Personally I don’t think this is “all on pep”
The players are always playing fucking shit regardless of the tactics. They all need a slap.

I also think we are right to boo them, until they stop being useless and play like we know they can. At least when they were booed they started playing properly

I got a bright take on the game tonight:
If spurs get ahead of the rags this year, from these three points. And we take back to back wins against Arsenal?

Yes, I'll take this loss anytime.
Exactly, long, long way to go and anything can happen yet.

First half they started quicker but they didn't have many shots. We kept Saka quiet.
Thats because Ake has been brilliant at left back this season.

I would make a joke about Pep fucking about and moving him from left back but I'm a little late for that.

and don’t forget, our one attacking player with insane pace is constantly making great runs which are ignored by the whole team every time.

I also think Alvarez needs to play on the right to compete with Mahrez, not play centrally unless he’s the main man up top which will never happen while the big man’s around.

The whole LB scenario is nothing short of neglect. Having said that though, I still think we’ll win the league, but if we do we still have a massive amount of ins and outs to happen in the transfer window. I think there will be 4 out, and we need to replace them all, plus replacements for Gabby, Zinny and Cancelo.

Big year ahead!
I have to admire your optimism. I can't see us winning anything. I wish I could, but I just can't. Arsenal may stumble and make it worse by giving the title away to ManUre.

I am over the result already.

Being honest,we have looked Miles off being Title challengers this season.

Finishing top 4 will be some achievement if the rumors of unrest in the dressing room are true.

Cancelo shipped out to Bayern at the last minute. Rumors of possibly another 5,6, players having fallen out with Pep also.

If it is true it isn't going to be conductive to good football is it.

Meaning we had to go in to a Big game against Spurs with an unhappy dressing room.And our manager fielding a team of players based on who he has not "Yet" fallen out with.

My fear is Pep is unraveling again.

When he popped off at the Fans i thought it was a bit out of order given what he has served up this season.

Tixi might need to call a meeting to sort this all out.Let everyone air their grievances in private.Something needs to change.

We can not let it continue.Something is obviously wrong on,and off the Pitch.And it needs sorting now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.