Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I don’t think it’s a stretch to question whether most of the squad are fed up with Pep and question whether he may walk in the summer.

The public blasting, first Foden and now KDB being dropped when everyone knows our levels and threat drop so much without them. Calling out in public Dias and now Stones for being injured. Laporte not getting a game. Phillips being fat. Cancelo.. Reports that several others have issues with him.

A lot of the players just do not look happy at all. Reports that there is a lack of leadership within the group, that Gundogan has asked for a team bonding meal. This shit has never happened before.

If you believe what you read and what he himself said- he would only renew his contract if the players were still responding to him. He clearly thought they were pre world cup. We knew there would be a shake up in the summer, but that’s what he thought he was doing rather than the complete overhaul that now looks needed. He’s also said since signing the new contract that he would leave before then if he felt the players stopped playing the way he wants - he really can’t like what he’s seeing.

To be clear, this is not about not winning the league or losing today. Way deeper than that imo. I’d love Pep to stay and build a new side, I’m just not sure that’s what his intentions were when he signed the contract.

Last edited:
Beating Arsenal twice? Really?
I didn't say we'd beat Arsenal twice, or even once. We don't necessarily have to, we only need to finish with more points than they do. Better title-chasing teams than Arse have capitulated time and time again, right from the day the first ball was kicked. Everton beat them, and they spewed a CL place last season by losing 2 of their last 3, hence "anything can happen".

Despite what all the losers on here might think we've been the better team in most of the matches we've lost (if not all, going off the stats) so anybody who thinks we can't pull 5 points back with 51 to play for is an idiot.

I think there's something lurking in his background that isn't widely known, but enough to make Chelsea get rid as soon as they had a chance.
A bit of digging fir City to do before taking him on possibly? Due diligence and all that!
Tuchel? Not for me. As you suggest, Chelsea got rid for a reason and they were lucky rather than brilliant in the time he was there.

Are you following some City team in a parallel universe or something? I've seen some over-reacting on here in my time but that's bordering farce.
I am not over reacting.

Something is fundamentally wrong on and off the Pitch.

Nothing that can not be fixed though.

That is if Pep wants it fixed obviously.

Ignoring personality clashes between our top players and Pep will not fix it.And benefits no one.

This shit happens with Alpha Men working together in close proximity for a while.

Maybe we need a new Number 2 who has a better rapport with the Players than the Guy who just sits there.

If we are having to field a Team/Tactics to make sure certain established players dont play in a big game.Rather than pick a team to win the game.Then we are at the beginning of the end of the Pep era.The Ego shouldn't come before the greater good of the team and City.

I didn't say we'd beat Arsenal twice, or even once. We don't necessarily have to, we only need to finish with more points than they do. Better title-chasing teams than Arse have capitulated time and time again, right from the day the first ball was kicked. Everton beat them, and they spewed a CL place last season by losing 2 of their last 3, hence "anything can happen".

Despite what all the losers on here might think we've been the better team in most of the matches we've lost (if not all, going off the stats) so anybody who thinks we can't pull 5 points back with 51 to play for is an idiot.
I, for one will not say can't...but I will say won't and that my friend may not be in line with what you or I would want but it also doesn't make me an idiot.

I think it's more about pep's setup than anything else ? it's like having a top end sports car, and you let your mum drive it, it's time for pep to take the keys back and drive the fucking shit out of it
Pep has always said it’s not about formations or systems, it’s about the players, and we are finding that out in a big way, too many are suffering from Pep-fatigue, let’s not forget he himself is in uncharted waters having spent so much time with us, but I for one am fully behind the gaffer, he is the single most important employee at our club, and he needs our backing, we could also really do with a visit/some words of wisdom from Khaldoon. I couldn’t stand player power getting rid of one of footballs great managers from out great club, the fans need to come out and show him some support and loyalty

One or two individuals in the last match thread think he's ready as he's old enough and good enough.

He's, in no means ready for top tier games and I keep saying it.

Today's inclusion was an experiment that unbalanced us.
This. The biggest head scratcher of the day for me. Ake playing well on the left, supporting Grealish, and if Diaz and Laporte are fit enough for the bench then they’re fit enough to start. It meant an even more congested middle, just what spurs would’ve wanted.

It's easy to blame our change on Haaland, maybe it was a catalyst but we have played shit without him in the team and Alvarez up top as well. In truth, Pep has had a mare in the second part of this season. We aren't stable, we don't have any first 11 and we are over crowding the midfield but not using width like we have done previously to create spaces. We've a guy up top whos begging to get in the game, he's not just there to run in behind and get on the end of things. However he is the best in the world at that, and we're not even using that, so wtf are we doing?
Today was a chance to measure how much we were up for the challenge this season, in the past we have shown that we have the bollocks but it looks like a lot of these guys aren't up for the fight. Maybe pep has already seen that in training, tried to remedy it with tough love and it's backfired. It's his responsibility to pressure his mates in the boardroom into moving guys along but getting someone in to replace, we need a huge overhaul as it stands.

I don’t think it’s a stretch to question whether most of the squad are fed up with Pep and question whether he may walk in the summer.

The public blasting, first Foden and now KDB being dropped when everyone knows our levels and threat drop so much without them. Calling out in public Dias and now Stones for being injured. Laporte not getting a game. Phillips being fat. Cancelo.. Reports that several others have issues with him.

A lot of the players just do not look happy at all. Reports that there is a lack of leadership within the group, that Gundogan has asked for a team bonding meal. This shit has never happened before.

If you believe what you read and what he himself said- he would only renew his contract if the players were still responding to him. He clearly thought they were pre world cup. We knew there would be a shake up in the summer, but that’s what he thought he was doing rather than the complete overhaul that now looks needed. He’s also said since signing the new contract that he would leave before then if he felt the players stopped playing the way he wants - he really can’t like what he’s seeing.

To be clear, this is not about not winning the league or losing today. Way deeper than that imo.
"If you believe what you read" - in today's media? You must be joking. The media have been talking crap for years, anything that will sell, but these past few years have been beyond absurd for media stories. You could at one time have reasonably considered that there must be something in it if the media reported it, now they seem to be inventing and creating situations to develop a news story that they know will create unrest.

I think people are completely over-reacting. I think they're exhausted from a couple of tough seasons which has been exacerbated by having the World Cup in the middle of this one. I've said it a few times but you can see how it has affected Liverpool, they've been pushing hard for the past couple of years and have now burnt out. Klopp seemingly doesn't recognise it and isn't sure what to do, we could be in a similar position.

Regardless of how good a manager is, it can't be easy handling a dressing room full of players who are all getting paid millions every season and know they could probably walk away at any time. Many of them won't put up with a manager who rants and raves so you have to find another way. I don't think that's an issue at all though, I just think more breaks are needed, maybe separate squads for different competitions and so on, but I don't think we should expect them to be world beaters every single minute of every single match in every season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.