Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Tired team with tired minds.

Look at Liverpool!

It is very odd - well not so odd if you think about it...... with modern dietry advice and medicine and physiological stuff, players should be having longer careers (not shorter) than in the past. But the trouble is, because of the ££££s thing - the amount of games - the opposite is happening.

Ok - you get the odd exception, like Messi winning the WC at 35, but you could say he'd had a bit of a rest leading up to it playing in France, plus his earlier career was in a sort-of Scottish type league.

But the fact is, if you play extensively in the English Premier League you have about 6-8 years max. after that you are burnt out. KDB being a prime example 32 going on 42 (sadly) I don't know what is going to happen.

I read recently that the European Super-league idea is dead in the water because its already happened: its called the English Premier League! So much for Brexit!

Set of fucking bluffers these lot. They’ll win fuck all and they deserve that. Worst city team I’ve seen under Pep. I can’t even be arsed watching them I don’t even look forward to it.
I'm not sure whats more embarrasing , some of our performances this season or your comments . Im guessing your young, should have seen some of the shit we used to have to put up with .

Recruitment is the main culprit here. Forget tiredness for a second. Up to know the players purchased in the summer are not good enough. Stop buying English players who accept mediocre performances. Lost all creativity and flair. We all knew the drop was coming. Well now it’s here. On this current season the new players are not good enough and the older players are not playing to the same level.

Khaldoon sort it out. Thx
WE have bought poorly for several windows.

Grealish is busting his guts for us but as a wide player he does not score or create assists.

Phillips has been an utter disaster regardless of injury.

LB disaster.

Haaland a great signing but when you have arguably the best finisher in world football and you don't feed him, serious questions have to be asked about tactics and coaching.

Good post. We look very jaded. Look at the dippers? Are they having disgruntled issues behind the scenes? No, theyre fucked. So are we but the difference is we have a better squad and better manager so we do better In adversity.
this is a season too far. We arent ready for 3 on the bounce.
I agree metal tiredness is an issue but like the dippers runs a bit deeper.

Again like the dippers we have let out MF grow old and tired and all at the same time, sometimes we have been far to loyal to the players.

We have serious decisions to make on several of our legends, KDB, Gundo, and Walker the first two especially, is it time to say thank you and goodbye?

KDB looked shocking after he came on, is he done, exhausted, something is so wrong with the ginger one.

I am over the result already.

Being honest,we have looked Miles off being Title challengers this season.

Finishing top 4 will be some achievement if the rumors of unrest in the dressing room are true.

Cancelo shipped out to Bayern at the last minute. Rumors of possibly another 5,6, players having fallen out with Pep also.

If it is true it isn't going to be conductive to good football is it.

Meaning we had to go in to a Big game against Spurs with an unhappy dressing room.And our manager fielding a team of players based on who he has not "Yet" fallen out with.

My fear is Pep is unraveling again.

When he popped off at the Fans i thought it was a bit out of order given what he has served up this season.

Tixi might need to call a meeting to sort this all out.Let everyone air their grievances in private.Something needs to change.

We can not let it continue.Something is obviously wrong on,and off the Pitch.And it needs sorting now.
Care to share your source for these rumours of 5/6 players falling out with Pep?

Something is wrong because we are second in Feb and lost to a team who we have lost to 5 times away from home?

So now players are being played because Pep likes them and not on ability and you know this how?

Any rebuild should be led by the Board. If we don't win the CL this year (spoiler alert... we won't), Pep will have failed his prime objective.

Other than acting out of desperation, I can't see why the Board would want to have Pep lead a rebuild next season, knowing that he will almost certainly be leaving within a year or so.

If there is to be a rebuild, a new coach should be given responsibility from day one.
Idk maybe what’s he has done since he was here. Crazy I know

It's not crazy surprising that a team has an off season after year after year of gruelling intensity both mentally and physically...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.