Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I don't believe that. I saw no lack of effort or hunger yesterday.

What I saw was a team lacking in direction and a lack of belief in the system they were being asked to play by Pep.

Same lack of belief I had we would win the Champions League final when I saw Pep's team selection.

Pep is second guessing himself, far too preoccupied with what the opposition can do, rather than what we are capable of as a team.

It translates to the lack of risk in our general play, one of absolute control until the final 18 yards, if we can even get there.

We really only have to look at the lack of saves we ask of opposition goalkeepers these days?

It's written all over Pep's face each time the camera loves to cut to him, he's getting no help from his bench.

We have lost at Spurs, Liverpool and United.

It's a mentality problem starting with Pep.

We don't need to hear that Kane is one of the best strikers he has seen in his life, or Liverpool are the most dangerous team he has seen in his life, or United are back to where they belong.

And we certainly don't need to hear him publicly complaining about our fans, Kalvin being overweight, wrong body language in training, Chelsea spending too much money or the four hour journey down to London being exhaustive.

C'mon Pep, you're better than this. Let us die on our feet than live on our knees.

Don't cut your nose to spite your face. This team is at the end of its cycle but we can still have a dream season if you trust the players who have taken us on this wonderful ride of success.

Release the handbrake.
The handbrake analogy is spot on. Pep is playing it safe, using the "possession will yield goals" mantra. We are playing it far too safe though. Throw in the silly mistakes for goals against and games like yesterday become all too predictable.

I don't believe that. I saw no lack of effort or hunger yesterday.

What I saw was a team lacking in direction and a lack of belief in the system they were being asked to play by Pep.

Same lack of belief I had we would win the Champions League final when I saw Pep's team selection.

Pep is second guessing himself, far too preoccupied with what the opposition can do, rather than what we are capable of as a team.

It translates to the lack of risk in our general play, one of absolute control until the final 18 yards, if we can even get there.

We really only have to look at the lack of saves we ask of opposition goalkeepers these days?

It's written all over Pep's face each time the camera loves to cut to him, he's getting no help from his bench.

We have lost at Spurs, Liverpool and United.

It's a mentality problem starting with Pep.

We don't need to hear that Kane is one of the best strikers he has seen in his life, or Liverpool are the most dangerous team he has seen in his life, or United are back to where they belong.

And we certainly don't need to hear him publicly complaining about our fans, Kalvin being overweight, wrong body language in training, Chelsea spending too much money or the four hour journey down to London being exhaustive.

C'mon Pep, you're better than this. Let us die on our feet than live on our knees.

Don't cut your nose to spite your face. This team is at the end of its cycle but we can still have a dream season if you trust the players who have taken us on this wonderful ride of success.

Release the handbrake.
I fear we're watching the beginning of the end of a manager. And I should know, I've followed enough.

Unless he finds a new assistant, one who'll actually challenge him on things and bring in their own ideas, we'll continue to deteriorate until either the manager, the board or the fans have had enough.

I was wondering if Klopp might go in summer and take a break, but I'm starting to feel like Pep might be joining him. I don't see the fire in him anymore, he just looks frustrated yet none of us have a clue what he's actually trying to achieve with the tactics.

The signings are equally baffling, not that they're bad players, they just don't fit. Haaland is one of the best strikers in the world, at the start of the season it looked like we were forgetting he was there after playing without a striker, now it looks like we're actively ignoring him. Grealish is a good player when running at defenders, making them commit so we make him stand still and run into congestion, same with Mahrez.
Bellingham can be world class, could be an incredible midfielder, but I just don't see how he fits in our system, especially this current system, so I don't see why we'd pursue him. And, if I was him, I'm not sure why I'd come.

Well it shows despite this team coming to its end we can still compete.

Bernardo, Laporte & Gundogan (50/50) like Cancelo all want to leave. We should have cut our losses with Bernardo in the summer as hes been wank.

We've lost a lot of our leaders in the last couple of years and we need new 1s.

Pep knows what's need and no doubt the club will see to this in the summer.

Our squad is also massively thin.
Laporte will want to leave because he isn't first choice.
It's amazing how he doesn't play every week considering Dias and Stones have missed so many games.

Gundogan could be a makewight for Bellingham but if not is still worth an extension.

Bernardo sadly should have been moved on!

Last edited:
How many times have you seen our midfielders get caught up rows with players on a regular basis?

Here's my thing; I'm not against Grealish being a central midfielder, I want better discipline from him in the middle to lead the mid and taking responsibility to make progressive passes.

When have you seen him do that on a regular basis? He carries and safely goes to a close team mate. I cannot recall him making a slide rule or clever blind pass that was memorable!

I'm sure you'll remind me from the midfield position?

I'm not saying it's necessarily a good thing that he gets into rows (although on your question about our other midfielders, have you seen Rodri since the world cup? Loves a barney) but I'm assuming that if he didn't respond to players kicking him with impunity with a bit of fire then they'd probably kick him more.

His yellow/red card record is absolutely fine so he clearly knows where the line is. And actually I think he's a much better player when he's a bit pissed off.

Some nice passes from a range of positions here:

Grealish isn't quick enough for the centre of midfield. His first touch is exactly why he gets fouled so often. He's need to play as a ten.
Would love to see Grealish play elsewhere. Middle or as a 10 behind Haaland.
Too predictable now, win a free kick out wide or 50 yards from goal which we do nothing with.

Laporte will want to leave because he isn't first choice.
It's amazing how he doesn't play every week considering Dias and Stones have missed so many games.

Gundogan could be a makewight for Bellingham but if not is still worth an extension.

Bernardo sadly should have been moved on!
Laporte for me was our best all round defender unfortunately he must not be putting the effort in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.