Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Yesterday was very frustrating. Until we gave them the goal we were in total control, with one move we must have had the ball for 40+ passes. The goal changed the game. I thought we were the better team on the day, but didn't get the break. Same in the home game, we were the better team and gave them a two girl start. Against the Rags we got robbed. We've played three of the top 5 recently in all competitions, plus two of the traditional big four and with a bit of luck and maybe some incisiveness, we could have won all those games instead of just most of them.

Clearly something isn't quite right, but we are not exactly in the position the dippers are.

Walker's post match interview was interesting. Talking about going on a run they know they are capable of. I think the belief is still there, but at this level the margins are very, very fine.

When it comes down to things like our dressing room I don't rely on suspicions and this smoke and fire thing you mention. You seem to be getting a bit over excited - drop in form 'Oh, there must be some drama going on.' You're entitled to your opinion but you have zilch/zero/no idea of the state of our dressing room. Every great team in history has poor runs - we're going through ours. And it's all relative - 21 games in and the table doesn't lie - every team is exactly where they deserve to be. We're second - we deserve to be second. Arsenal have played out of their skin - they deserve to be top but no medals are handed out on 6 February.
Look at the body language, the uncertainty around passing and shooting. The players look scared of making a mistake.
They're not playing with any real flair or character. The passion isn't the same.

If you can’t see there's something not quite right in the team/squad, you're not watching the game.

I think it very likely that the Cancelo situation has deeper roots than we've heard about. Things don't always run smoothly in dressing rooms, and they're quite rightly 'hushed up'. However, the more unhappy or disillusioned players there are, the more obvious it gets.

Things haven't been right since Pep failed to appoint a strong right hand man to work with the squad. He's becoming even more risk averse, is obsessive about possession to the point of boredom, has surrounded himself by yes men and is over-experimenting with tactics/selection.

He's becoming a very cautious / nervous coach. You can see it in his demeanour at pitchside and some of his interviews. His team's performance yesterday reflected that perfectly.

If there’s one good thing to come out of yesterday it’s the bleeding obvious fact that not passing to Haaland was a criminal offence.
No ground lost to the arses and expect a bounce back after that.
Rodri needs a rest.

He said very clearly since signing the contract that he won’t see it out if he believes the players stop responding to him.

That was always going to be his 'escape clause'. It's the classic 'it's my ball, I'm going home' moan when things aren't going someone's way.

I've long thought he'll cut and run as soon as we win the CL. That doesn't look like it's going to happen with our current squad, and I can't see him staying for a rebuild.

As such, I almost expect him to pick up his ball and go home at the end of this season.

I'm certainly not saying that's a good thing, nor the right thing. I just think that he'll find a reason to leave. If that comes down to blaming the players, fans, media or whatever, he'll do it. You can be sure he won't say it was his fault. He's too proud/arrogant to ever say that.

Time is catching up with the squad. I can't see us getting 60 hard minutes from KDB or Gundogan in future so for that I'd have them both sharing a 10 role with a good engine behind them in midfield. Lewis while tidy on the ball is not physically strong enough for centre-mid. Akanji has done well but he has been used more than we could have expected. Dias & Laporte must get a look in & Foden's absence is odd. He needs a chance to recapture his spark.

I'd love to see us physically imposing at the back with the following:

Ederson

Walker Dias Laporte Ake

Rodri Bernardo

Mahrez KDB Grealish

Haaland

When things need freshening up in the 2nd half, Alvarez can come in for Mahrez, Gundogan for KDB, Phil for Jack & Kalvin in for either Rodri or Bernardo.

Pep is expecting too much of Lewis with seasoned pros in KDB/Gundo watching on from the start yesterday. Rodri might have got away with his pass yesterday if it was played to Bernardo, Gundo or KDB.

Fucking shit day capped off by Avanti train running 40 minutes late. At the moment I just want a team that is prepared to play for each other and work harder than the opposition. No idea what is going on behind the scenes but maybe the players should see the grief and finances we fans go through to watch them and maybe they might actually pull their fingers out. Only Rico, Nathan and Jack looked like they cared today. If players want out then fuck off tomorrow and we will go again next season with those who want it. Fucking fuming.

I felt genuinely sorry for all the fans who went yesterday. The lack of noise coming from the City section was obvious.
We've got more leaders in the crowd than we have on the pitch.

If ours is crumbling what’s happening to Liverpools?!

The only Empire they've got that could possibly crumble is this one....

caption.jpg

Thought yesterday was a pathetic performance. The players should have been raring to put 3 points on the board after Arsenals result. Hard to believe this team have the drive to win the league after watching yesterday performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.