Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

When one, maybe two players get pass marks in pretty much every game and the rest are dreadful, it’s amazing we are as high as we are
Not really. Comments about players are based on what they can do not against a universal scale. A great player having an off day could still be better than an average player having a good day. I base my opinions on players and the team on what a very similar squad has achieved in the past couple of seasons.
It's great being second after so many off games, and it's fantastic not collapsing like Liverpool, but it can't be denied that something is wrong. But we're still the PL top scorers so it's not impossible to fix the problem.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a good thing that he gets into rows (although on your question about our other midfielders, have you seen Rodri since the world cup? Loves a barney) but I'm assuming that if he didn't respond to players kicking him with impunity with a bit of fire then they'd probably kick him more.

His yellow/red card record is absolutely fine so he clearly knows where the line is. And actually I think he's a much better player when he's a bit pissed off.

Some nice passes from a range of positions here:

Oddly enough, you simply underline my point!!

This is the Grealish City thought they bought.

So, where is he...??

Would love to see Grealish play elsewhere. Middle or as a 10 behind Haaland.
Too predictable now, win a free kick out wide or 50 yards from goal which we do nothing with.

I fucking hate this ‘win a free kick’ narrative.

He is awarded free kicks because he beats a player and is fouled. Referees give no protection and so defenders use the foul as a means of stopping him and City’s attacks.

I don't believe that. I saw no lack of effort or hunger yesterday.

What I saw was a team lacking in direction and a lack of belief in the system they were being asked to play by Pep.

Same lack of belief I had we would win the Champions League final when I saw Pep's team selection.

Pep is second guessing himself, far too preoccupied with what the opposition can do, rather than what we are capable of as a team.

It translates to the lack of risk in our general play, one of absolute control until the final 18 yards, if we can even get there.

We really only have to look at the lack of saves we ask of opposition goalkeepers these days?

It's written all over Pep's face each time the camera loves to cut to him, he's getting no help from his bench.

We have lost at Spurs, Liverpool and United.

It's a mentality problem starting with Pep.

We don't need to hear that Kane is one of the best strikers he has seen in his life, or Liverpool are the most dangerous team he has seen in his life, or United are back to where they belong.

And we certainly don't need to hear him publicly complaining about our fans, Kalvin being overweight, wrong body language in training, Chelsea spending too much money or the four hour journey down to London being exhaustive.

C'mon Pep, you're better than this. Let us die on our feet than live on our knees.

Don't cut your nose to spite your face. This team is at the end of its cycle but we can still have a dream season if you trust the players who have taken us on this wonderful ride of success.

Release the handbrake.
A touch of the Kevin Keegan attitude wouldn't go a miss

I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes but didnt we have an off season some time back when Peps assistant moved ?.

We need a good assistant one that can stand up to Pep and that the players feel their can talk to.

I feel that is something Pep needs. Pep on his own doesnt work as well as Pep with a good assistant

Oddly enough, you simply underline my point!!

This is the Grealish City thought they bought.

So, where is he...??
Playing out on the wing. It's not as if we haven't played with a 10 this season either, he needs to be put in that role and allow him freedom. Kevin has been put there, but the game mostly passes him by there, although it's understandable to get him as close to Haaland as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.