Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

thing is Conte was off sick, had hospital treatment even surgery maybe, I bet he had not much time during the week to prepare for this game meaning his number two probably completely bossed Pep tactically on his own.
thats very bad because our number two probably a big downgrade on Arteta or Lillo.

when you restrict a City side to 0-1 on target shot, you have done very well tactically.

thing is Conte was off sick, had hospital treatment even surgery maybe, I bet he had not much time during the week to prepare for this game meaning his number two probably completely bossed Pep tactically on his own.
thats very bad because our number two probably a big downgrade on Arteta or Lillo.

when you restrict a City side to 0-1 on target shot, you have done very well tactically.
A Bluemoon XI could restrict this City side to 1 shot on target. They’d be shit scared of our imaginary counter attacks and would only pass sideways. As long as we all just clog up the middle, we’d be comfortable.

Spurs number 2 didn’t have to do anything.. Pep did it for him

We need a centrally creative player, Pep seems to send anyone with the ability into the wide positions leaving us with an overworked Rodri to find the telling passes. Sometimes he actual doubles up with the wide players (Mahrez, Bernado)to create an overload which often leaves us open to the counter-attack through the middle.

I don't think anyone was surprised by yesterday's result and performance and if they were then they've not been paying attention.

Lots more of that to come between now and the end of the season and that's not me putting a downer on it, that's just the state of play right now.

Buckle up, ride it out and look forward to the summer.

In the meantime, don't bother looking for scapegoats and easy answers. There's a malaise around City at the moment and we can all feel it. It happens every few years and it goes to show that the kind of form we've had over the last five years isn't sustainable forever.

We'll be back. The real us, that is. I just don't think anyone should expect it between now and the end of the season. Glimpses here and there but we won't be doing it week in, week out. That's simply not where we are right now.

Grealish offers nothing, no goals no assist
His modus operandi seems to be to drive at defenders solely to initiate contact and win free kicks. He showed plenty of effort yesterday (oh for some of that from several others too, please) and lots of fire in his belly but he's always going to ground. He certainly knows how to win free kicks. Other fans will say he's always getting kicked - I think he's always looking to get fouled. Never beats a player and never scores.

I wish some of the fucking boomers in this thread would stop lecturing about our past and focus on the current situation. I am astonished to see some boomers consistently bringing up how shit we were either to show everyone they are a top blue or to excuse the current issues in the squad.

I hope they got back in the changing room after the match and tore strips off eachother.
They really need to wake up and smell the coffee, yesterday was another shit show to go with further shit shows this season.

Pep needs to shit or get off the potty as we're in real danger of pissing this season away. What has happened to our swashbuckling attack and fast starts? We look about as fast as oap's running up a flight of stairs.

These next few games they need to throw caution to the wind and go for it, they just might surprise themselves.

Oh, and i fuckin hate Tottenham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.