Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

I really can’t believe my eyes at times this season, we added arguably the worlds best striker to arguably the worlds best team and Pep has turned us into Stuart Pearce’s Manchester City 0 in six months
Add a striker to a team that has no idea or will to play with one. Cluster fuck decision..listening to 'fans and media;' i cringed when i heard Haaland's name

Been said many times, but obvious to all tonight…..no leaders on the park.
I like Rico, a great talent, but not the night for him.
A s for the senior players……….well….

They do everything to please Pep, which also includes giving him the type of players he wants to play a certain way, regardless of name.

We are making stupid mistakes in the market, trying to replace legends.

£100m on Jack, £42m on Ake, £42m on Phillips, £16m on Akanji.

£200m on players who we either didn't need or wouldn't exactly miss if we had kept the money in the bank.

The problem is the first cycle under Pep still included Silva, Fern, Vinny, Sergio.

This next evolution is looking to players who are far removed from that talent and mindset.

And the ones who might have it in De Bruyne and Gundo are past their peaks.

I am more fearful that we can't evolve again with Pep at the helm, simply because he is wedded to a philosophy which may have also come to the end of its cycle.

Pep should have got himself a strong assistant in the summer, rather than a bunch of yes men.
he deffo needs a strong assistant.

I dont think the signings are that bad personally. I do think ake and akanji were signed to be 4/5th choice defenders and they are currently being first team 11 which is an issue. I personally think phillips is probably ok for replacing the ferna that left the issue is hes not been fit and now needs time to settle because of the disruption. I personally think jack needs to play as an 8 i dont think he suits the high wide profile.

i think we have a huge job in the summer. Personally id get rid of any player who doesnt want to be here. I think its about time phil started being developed into the midfielder that we know he will be rather than a winger and get 2 new wingers personally. Get back to having 2 quality players in each position. I do have a feeling a big summer transfer rebuild is going to be happening.

i dont think its the end of the pep cycle i think he needs someone who will tell him that somethings clearly not working. I think its time to play the fast passing movement football but that needs young fresh players.

At this point I’d give Carlos Borges a go on the wing the team is massively lacking a spark and a some pace. All very predictable.

I won’t forget but I won’t ignore what’s happening now. This team is coming to an end. We need to move 3/4 on and hope the recruitment is spot on. Fans get angry or upset it’s what we do. Some of those players regardless of how they have played in the past are clearly not performing. Pep is not helping with the ponderous slow ball we now deliver.

We all need to take a breather and chill. We can’t win the league every season and we will have dips. I’m trying to stay positive but watching us at the min is a bag of emotions and some of those spill out.

Unless the boss rips up his playbook and tries something different we are not good enough to win the league. Maybe a trophy but you need consistency to win the title and we don’t have it. Also create next to nothing and it adds up to a crap season.
I get that and agree with most of it. I just think it’s incredibly Arrogant and rag/dipper like to demand/expect it. We are deffo in need of a rebuild and I said to my lad at half time in the palace match that’s it’s going to be a transition season. Haaland went mad for a few weeks and got all our hopes up again but it was just papering over the natural cracks of evolution. If we Win the FA cup and finish 2nd then I think I’d be a great season considering where we are atm. Look at the dippers! Now that’s a crisis. City have obviously been planning for this overhaul for a few years - hence the lack of spending. Pep knows what’s happening and is up for it or else he wouldn’t have signed his extension. For fans on here to say he’s lost it and must go is just incredibly thick or childish. Who else in world football would you want to rebuild your team? At least we’re getting to see who won’t be up for it in this period. That’s as vital as finding the players that’ll fit in

Madrid were shit last year, they won it.

It's incredibly rare that teams win the league and the CL in a season.
Anyone can win a cup competition. We've got a chance. I'm not sticking any of my money on it though, are you?

If you don’t think Haaland is a part of that problem, you’re mistaken.
I have watched most of Haalands goals for Dortmund and the vast majority are him running onto through balls not headers tap ins from 2 yards but everyone packs the midfield/central defence against us so no service especially as we have no wingers

Ok am with you regards Haaland but why aren’t we , we need a proper winger who can also get in the box to score goals I totally appreciate Sterling is not coming back but we need someone like him and I don’t know anyone who matches his figures
I have no problem with that type of player. You would need to ask pep. We need to know who is staying or leaving before we can discuss replacements. But to get the most out of Haaland and ultimately play better we need to move foden / grealish inside. Get 2 wide players and finally an over lapping left back who can defend.

If Silva gundog kdb are either offski or past their best and Phillips and gomez are not going to make it we need to start planning now. Too much to solve in the summer otherwise.

Let's hope it just shit form but I doubt it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.