Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

A relatively poor performance today, with Grealish and Ake being the only real positives. Rodri, who I have long been a supporter of, was isolated in the centre, and vulnerable because of that: he had a poor game. We moved the ball slowly, as we tend to when we are not quite on it, allowing Spurs to set up the banks of defenders, and they broke at speed. They did not dominate the match; Kane's was not a superstar performance - the commentators' yearning to celebrate every single Spurs move forward was nauseating and biased.

It was also a poor (planned) refereeing display, with Grealish targeted time and time again with little action taken, at least not soon enough for it to positively affect the game in our direction. Again, we saw Lewis targeted too, yet carded for his own, innocuous response.

What I do not understand, from some posters here, are the reactions such as Pep's lost it, he's lost the dressing room, or Grealish still needs to do more. Those reactions are just embarrassing (to me), and not based on anything we know, nor that can be seen.

This is clearly a season of transition, for us and others, and we are in the mix, but we are not the favourites we have become accustomed to being. I would be happier if some posters would behave like we do not have any divine right, and that we (above nearly all other fans of big teams) understand that football is cyclical, and sequences of unchallenged and repeat success are unrealistic to expect.

It's embarassing, it's like 4 PL in five years and many more titles is gone like that. The achievement this team over the year is forgotten because just one fucking game.

If we didn't win any title this season so what, we do it again next season. It's not the end of fucking world.

Just back from the game.

For the sake of the 'get a grip' squad - I still pinch myself that we are playing Premier League football, and my away trips are not to Gillingham or Chesterfield, and I am equally delighted to be watching world class players who I had never dreamed would ever play for my club.

I am not an entitled plastic. However, in the context of what we have seen during this crazy last decade - something is clearly wrong this season.

We are privileged to have Pep as our gaffer, and I will be the first to build a statue to him when he moves on - BUT - something isn't quite right.

I was sat right behind KDB and Gundog warming up, and it was interesting that their body language was apathetic, disinterested and most of the time on the line, they spent shrugging and whispering to each other. All very strange.

No idea what we need to do - but something needs to happen if we want to win anything this season - and if we don't want to - that's fine with me too - I will be there wether we are playing Barcelona or Billericay...
Great insight, thanks. Something is not right. Hopefully pep and his team will sort out.

If you don’t think Haaland is a part of that problem, you’re mistaken.
I disagree. The problem is solely on the style of play. Now, if you say that Haaland can only play one style of play then i would agree, but there is no evidence at all that he has to play in this current style. In fact, his every move on the pitch suggests he fucking hates it. You saw how often he shrugged, pouted and looked frustrated today?

The media have always been cunts to us. Nowt new there but the openness of the meltdown is unusual for us. It’ll be interesting to see what happens this week.

I have a feeling come Monday morning a very big meeting will be planned, players, manager, coaches, the board, will all be there, they will bash out a plan and pep will have to eat humble pie and revert to the old system, players that have a status at the club will have to play at the start, laporte dias foden Kdb gundogan all have to play

Why does Pep always choose crucial games to experiment with team selection, formation and tactics? Did any City fan really believe we could win this game when they saw the team selection and the players left on the bench??
Maximum publicity would never do it against Fulham on a 3 pm kick off .

Positive slant on it - traditionally we would always lose at Spurs, United and scousers. Any points picked up were a welcome surprise, so losing our three away games at these 'normal' bogey grounds doesn't feel too bad for me cos I'm so used to losing them anyway.
Traditionally lose at the Rags?

So all those dominant victories in title winning seasons were imagined!

I edited it if that makes any difference to my score?
You are still not answering the question. If you want me to repeat....who will Barca, Bayern and Real look to sign if we put both Ake and Laporte on the market for the same amount of transfer fee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.