Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

its all well and good saying transition etc but if we allow to leave/sell Gundogan, Bernardo, Jesus, Sterling, Zinchenko, Laporte, Cancelo from the 2020/2021 vintage we’ve replaced/will replace them with (respectively)

Phillips, 2023 new signing, Alvarez, Grealish, Gomez, Akanji, 2023 New signing,

and of those we’ve already signed they ain't as good.
Exactly mate, barring Alvarez we seem to be replacing with very average players.

The players are not delivering the pressing style seen in previous seasons. If the majority were on it, the opposition would be put to the sword. New players is the only way forward now as the ones we have can’t or won’t do what’s required.
I think that's correct. The lack of pace in midfield is killing us. We can't get the ball from our backline to the forwards quickly enough and opposing teams have got plenty of time to get into position. I think if Foden can sort himself out he could be a real boost for us if he dropped back into midfield. But this would just be a starting point. I think Arsenal might over-run us in midfield when we play them. Longer term we need to replace Bernardo, Gundo, and Kev. That is a hell of a tough task because they have all been world-class for us.

And what I will say is, if Pep really wants Rico in centre midfield then why not just drop one of the many under performers for him why does he have to usher him in via a full back spot? Rico for me can start ahead of Kevin,Bernardo,Gundo in that centre midfield position and I wouldn’t care.
I do not understand why Rico is not getting the same treatment as Phil.
Phil was a top talent but used sparingly to start with.Correctly as well.

View attachment 68159
For those old enough… never forget. Some right dick heads on here. You’ve no idea what supporting a football club is meant to be about. We’re going to go through a massive change in the next 12 months. I hope you Lot have fucked off when we’re brilliant again - with Pep. Spoilt brats
Does that mean people can't have an opinion when we are playing shite?

Put both Ake and Laporte on market and we will surely know who from Barca, Real and Bayern will look to sign.
AKE works hard, great to see BUT limited on the ball. Basically Pep has compensated, played Ake as rest cant be arsed to press track etc. He HAS to play Ake even though technically he is limited

Utterrly bizarre that we sign the most lethal striker of his generation and then slow play down to snail pace and go from creating 20+ chances a game to none. The problem is the midfield.
If you don’t think Haaland is a part of that problem, you’re mistaken.

Check my posts for last 10 or so years I’m far from doin and gloom
Something gone from this squad and first time it’s not all harmony behind the scenes
Rebuild now and nobody is a must stay, hope to have another great team together in 2 years but time to except “ ok “ for a while

We’re playing with 9 outfield players trying to get the ball into the 6 yard box for the 10th player

Players facing massive change to how they’ve been told to play for last 5 years and it needs a new squad to teach this new system from scratch

Prefer the false 9 and I’m sure Pep does but if we’re going to play Haaland we need to teach a squad how and this ones to long in the tooth to change
We need two fast, natural sided wingers, if Haaland is to flourish. I know he has scored 25 goals but most have come against teams that play open football against us. He quicker, more accurate service.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.