Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

At this point I’d give Carlos Borges a go on the wing the team is massively lacking a spark and a some pace. All very predictable.
Does he even train with our main team? Been waiting for a long time that a winger would get to our side from the EDS.

They do everything to please Pep, which also includes giving him the type of players he wants to play a certain way, regardless of name.

We are making stupid mistakes in the market, trying to replace legends.

£100m on Jack, £42m on Ake, £42m on Phillips, £16m on Akanji.

£200m on players who we either didn't need or wouldn't exactly miss if we had kept the money in the bank.

The problem is the first cycle under Pep still included Silva, Fern, Vinny, Sergio.

This next evolution is looking to players who are far removed from that talent and mindset.

And the ones who might have it in De Bruyne and Gundo are past their peaks.

I am more fearful that we can't evolve again with Pep at the helm, simply because he is wedded to a philosophy which may have also come to the end of its cycle.

Pep should have got himself a strong assistant in the summer, rather than a bunch of yes men.
I agree everything is being done to please Pep, the higher echelons have known him for a long time and they are all clearly good friends. He has been the manager they wanted from the off and it has worked very well for us.

Whilst I accept we have spent a lot of money on some players I do think we would miss Ake and now Grealish if we didn't have them. £100 was far too much though. As for Philips who knows he has rarely played so yes £42 there has been a complete waste.

The midfield has become a problem and is more noticeable this year as both KDB and Gundogan are older and seem comparatively slow. We were so lucky to have had the midfielders we have over the last 7 or 8 years.

Yes Pep, or someone should have searched for a strong assistant over the summer, that would probably have been one of our most valuable signings but they all stay a year or two then leave him.

The biggest worry for me is that Pep's philosophy may have come to an end. Certainly the style of possession football that Pep has decided to play or has adapted too anyway. It is not exciting to watch and he now seems obsessed with possession over everything else. It is fine if we score first and have control of the game but when we make a mistake or concede it is difficult to then find a way forward. There will always be mistakes in games, all players make them and you just cannot legislate for some events in a game, we always have some one scoring a worldie against us.

It's embarassing, it's like 4 PL in five years and many more titles is gone like that. The achievement this team over the year is forgotten because just one fucking game.

If we didn't win any title this season so what, we do it again next season. It's not the end of fucking world.
Right now we wouldn’t unless things change. You are thinking of the teams past.

He has worked with Eto’o, Lewandowski and Aguero before. Haaland is not the problem. Wish people would stop pointing the finger at him. He is the not problem
He isn't..the system is,we bought players for a rotation front 6 system..NOT a CF..So CF IS the problem. Not GaLand directly but you get my drift..

The match went as expected in all honesty.

We look completely toothless upfront nowadays and the system as a whole looks completely broken.

From the players who played last year we have lost a lot of the ‘footballers’ in the side whether it be Laporte, Cancelo, Zinkchenko Stones, Foden, additional midfielder as a striker and the replacements Ake/Lewis/Akanje/Grealish/Haaland are a step down in quality in that regard.

Haaland brings other qualities, and lots of them, but were not utilising them.

Last season we seemed to be constantly getting overloads in wide positions, getting in behind sides but now its square, slow passes and hopeful crosses into the box.

The system we have played in previous years is broken as we have lost the ‘footballers’ to implement it.

I think the winning system is not broken, it's just being used for some daft reason
even a genius fucks up from time to time, then goes back to the basic and start again

No, but I'd take the CL over the league this year gvien the choice.
I mean, i don't think we're going to get the choice, and sure if we win the stupid european cup then i'll be over the fucking moon - but you know, we're not winning it - unless this is all just a ruse to lure everyone else in europe into a false sense of security.

Fucking wank and before I get some fucker calling me out for being plastic or a Johnny come lately I’ve had a season ticket for getting on fifty years and spent fucking hours up and down the country watching us in the third division.
The manager and the players had one fucking job today and that was to win , he shit it and so did the players.
It’s time we accepted that a lot of the players we now have are bang average.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.