Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Pep like Wenger brought changes to football that were ground breaking and put them both head and shoulders above other managers of their day, However football is not static and opposing teams over a period of time work out how to play against these teams.

Wenger would not change and he was caught and overtaken by other teams, the same is happening with Pep whom will not compromise his style of play and we can see teams now know how to beay us

there is no enjoyment watching this team it’s slow and boring and there is no consistency in team selection, he over thinks and tinkers every fucking game

we won’t win the CL under Pep because he simply won’t let the team go for it
How does that make sense when every City team to have won the league in his time played slightly differently? So he’s stubborn and unwilling to adapt like Wenger but on the other hand he’s a tinkerer?

For all the talk about being so awful and slow (some of it is warranted) we’re still the top scorers in the league? 3rd best defence? These exaggerations

We had 9 days to prepare for this game. 9 fucking days....and we serve up that dross. Could barely connect 2 passes together, fucking dog and duck display.
We connected 87.5% of our passing today.

The problem was none of them were through balls.

Many of us took Silva, Nasri & Yaya at their peak for granted. With Kev off the boil & Bernardo here in body, but not in spirit we currently don't have the ability to raise our levels above our average.

Even though Arsenal lost yesterday, they fought & fought until the very last & looked ready to kick off a scrap toward the end, because losing was hurting that badly.

We looked like we were playing on memory today & that losing was just part & parcel of football. My question is which player/players looked & played like they were hurt by us losing? Haaland because he was starved of service to score? Jack? That was it, whereby in times gone by we'd have a team of players ready to flog themselves to death for the win. I've very rarely seen that this season.

That additional level of fight that we have always been able to call upon previously has evaporated this season & I'm sorry to say this, but I doubt we'll be able to resurrect that mentality & level of effort with this core group of older players we've been so reliant on.

We started our transition with Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko leaving in the summer. We must continue this clearout & transition in the summer & bring in younger, hungrier players to replace an ageing Gundog & KDB, & a want-away Bernardo & whoever else has lost the appetite for Manchester City.

None of them represent our long-term future any longer, so the time has come for us to take a step backward, so we can take two giant leaps forward. It's time to get ruthless & fuckin brutal! :-/
I thought Erling Jack Alvarez Rodri Ake Lewis and walker looked up for it. They didn't all play well though.

Ake has been our player of the season. I agree Rodri's mistake was the difference between the two teams. I don't think we were the better side, they did capitalise on our mistake but looked like scoring every time they broke forward. They used pace and ran straight up the pitch rather than farted about passing waiting for someone else to pass forward.
PACE. PACE, PACE, PACE , we are fked v that

A rebuild is needed some of the team are stale, young lad Lewis not yet got the physical attributes for being a regular starter, Akanji isn’t the answer at CB also hate to say it but Walker and De Bruyne are on the wane which happens, finally the wide players never actually beat the fullback always cutting in , we need pace wide

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.