Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

A lot of our creative players have been inconsistent since demolishing The Shits 6.3 before the World Cup. We have become very predictable. We are still 2nd, but not playing that well. It's weird. We have got used to dismantling teams. That's not happening this season. Is something wrong behind the scenes? We can only guess. Very frustrating. We have been spoilt over the last 5 years. Perhaps we will go on a run and everything will click again, but does not feel like that right now. I think we need to up the tempo and take more risks. Get the ball to Haaland quicker. That is not Pep's style and his success in the Prem speaks for itself. Hoping that we start to turn things round against Villa next weekend. Come on City.

I was abused by the fan base a few weeks ago for saying this…

‘What stands out for me is…

The refusal to pass forward into space when it’s clearly on. The amount of times the team go back instead of playing a forward ball that’s on is scary.

Haaland would have already been on 40+ goal this year if the team just went forward when it’s clearly on. I understand being patient and going backwards if nothing is on but good god I’m tired of seeing players turn back when going for the kill is on.’

The statement still stands.
I don't know why you were abused for stating the obvious. There were so many occasions today when players turned back or sideways when they could have attacked. Even in the last few minutes we were more intent on playing a safe pass instead of going forward. Incredible though it seems we appear to be playing with fear.

3EEDAEC5-8EED-4CE4-84C6-03F887D126C4.jpeg

If you thought the matchday thread was bad…. Some right over reactions in this thread…. calling out the squad, Pep etc…. When did we become so self entitled. We lost a game today… we will probably lose the league this season…. But throwing the baby out with the bath water will solve nothing. We need a planned and methodical overhaul of a tired squad…. I personally think the present ownership and management have earned the right….

that's not my job to find somebody else, I am a Manchester city fan that does not have a say about my football club,
but I will say what I see and speak my mind and respect others,

when Cancelo left, it was clear something is wrong, then you see players on the bench that would walk into any of the best teams in the world, also Phil Foden has blue blood pumping through his vines not playing,
Foden got sick in the hotel, and even before that it was clear his mind hasn’t been fully focused on football lately. Cancelo left because he has an awful attitude when he’s not playing and that has nothing to do with Pep (Also Cancelo has played more mins than any of our defenders this season)

The coach is the one who trains the players and sees things you and I do not. He’s pretty good at reading body language, and what people ignore is that Cancelo was playing awfully as well

I asked you who you would prefer to replace the best manager this club will ever have because you clearly think his qualities are not the best for the job.

Ok so after the Spurs home game Pep laid into the fans and also asked why his players didn’t react when Lewis was getting kicked by those dirty cheating cunts. Ok fair points, so Pep did you charge into the referees room after the game today to ask why he let them dirty cheating bastards kick fuck out of his team? If I was the manager I would have these two bit PiGMOL stooges by their throats, that’s what Klopp does, it’s what Fergie did and a few others. Is he doing his bit? Seriously I would like to know.

View attachment 68170

If you thought the matchday thread was bad…. Some right over reactions in this thread…. calling out the squad, Pep etc…. When did we become so self entitled. We lost a game today… we will probably lose the league this season…. But throwing the baby out with the bath water will solve nothing. We need a planned and methodical overhaul of a tired squad…. I personally think the present ownership and management have earned the right….
giphy.gif

I'm going to make a controversial statement that might upset some of you.

*2nd place would be a good season for this current side.*

We're miles off looking like a team which could win the title. Too many top players aren't in the lineup due to lack of form, injuries or Pep being pissed off with them. To make things worse, Pep is trying to make some tactical changes to best make use of the players he does want to play and they're not working.

To be honest, I have no idea how we're even 2nd. We're absolutely way off it. Can you imagine how shite Liverpool and Chelsea must be? Even the rags, people keep going on about how well they're doing and their fans are buzzing. They're still below us.
No upset here mate. To be honest, on the basis of recent performances, I'd be more than happy just to finish top 4 this season.
Our football has been painful to watch in the majority of matches this year, and today we showed just how poor we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.