Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Yet again we gift them a goal. Piss easy.

Rico and Rodri playing in the same space and then there's no balance when we look to shift the ball or go forwards. If Rico is inverting he needs to still keep that left side bias if he is a "left back". But I'm not sure what formation we were playing and the players didn't seem to know what to do either.

It's a ground we just can't score at for some reason, and another poor performance. Extra frustrating when Arsenal dropped points, but this side isn't good enough to win the league. I'd love to see us play a traditional 4-3-3 again. Bernie, De Bruyne, Rodri with Haaland, Foden and Mahrez. See how that goes. We could have been really putting pressure on Arsenal but the fact it hasn't clicked yet means I am not sure it will this season.

Maybe they're saving themselves for the CL. If they are, and we win that, I will take it!

I'm going to make a controversial statement that might upset some of you.

*2nd place would be a good season for this current side.*

We're miles off looking like a team which could win the title. Too many top players aren't in the lineup due to lack of form, injuries or Pep being pissed off with them. To make things worse, Pep is trying to make some tactical changes to best make use of the players he does want to play and they're not working.

To be honest, I have no idea how we're even 2nd. We're absolutely way off it. Can you imagine how shite Liverpool and Chelsea must be? Even the rags, people keep going on about how well they're doing and their fans are buzzing. They're still below us.
Fucking nail on head.

How does that make sense when every City team to have won the league in his time played slightly differently? So he’s stubborn and unwilling to adapt like Wenger but on the other hand he’s a tinkerer?

For all the talk about being so awful and slow (some of it is warranted) we’re still the top scorers in the league? 3rd best defence? These exaggerations
We scored 6 against forest and 6 against united and 4 against spuds.

Take those goals away - (and i know you can't...) but that makes a big fucking difference. (We'd be behind newcastle in GD)

When we're good we're very good, we're just not very good very often. Stats are useless other than points. And we're doing alright on that front - but really, we're fucking horrible to watch and have been for 3/4 of the season.

It was akin to a heavyweight boxer trying to jab for 11 rounds while his opponent outworked him and threw some heavy shots, then throwing a few windmills in the 12th in the vain hope of getting something

That pissed me off more than an of the other result this season. From the baffling lack of Dias and Laporte, to the ludicrous decision to bench our best player. From the far too much responsibility too soon on Lewis to yet another shit the bed moment that leads to a goal. From our inability to feed Haaland to another abject final third performance.
6 points against the Arse is now a must, anything less and the league is theirs, and they arent even very good. One thing they do have though is consistency in their starting 11, which includes their best players, something thats a distant memory for us at the moment.
Just watched the 2nd half. And I’m calling it. There’s no way we are winning this league playing like this. No leadership or consistency there has definitely been a drop off this year. That’s why everyone has caught up we’ve been shit by our high standards. I think there might be more to it than just cancelo stirring things up. Where is our best back 4? Where’s Dias leadership or why doesn’t Akanji get rotated. Young Rico Lewis has looked good and all credit to him. But he shouldn’t be starting over senior players.Our so called best players look well off it. If we win it this season it’ll be peps greatest achievement with half his players actually not giving a toss. Ake and Grealish have given a toss.

Anyone who thinks Haaland is the problem needs sectioning. The midfield is the problem and the chopping and changing of the back four
Haaland is a great player but Pep knew Kane was the better player to fit the team and tactics. The board wouldn’t pay the fee, but payed £100 million for Grealish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.