Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

All in here.

I know everyone is frustrated with that performance but things aren’t quite as bad as they may seem in this moment.

Guardiola needs to take a long, hard look at himself, because bos tactics of late have been nonsensical.

If any other manager was playing an 18 year old right back in holding midfield we'd be laughing of bollocks off.
Pep thinks he is a wizard.

We're dropping points every third game at the moment. We look like world beaters every so often, but flat and poor in other moments. I don't think we are as far off where we need to be as some on here, and I think if we click and figure it out and either get the right players in from outside.or have our own world class players hit the heights we know they're capable of then we'll be scary again, but I don't know if that is coming this season, at least not in the league.

Not a chance the board will undermine Pep. They might as well sack him as do that. And we can’t have player power either.

the big ego pep has will be his downfall
look in a way you're right, I believe that player power is the wrong way to go around things,

I recall BIG Malcolm Allison being the same at his end at Manchester city career

We scored 6 against forest and 6 against united and 4 against spuds.

Take those goals away - (and i know you can't...) but that makes a big fucking difference. (We'd be behind newcastle in GD)

When we're good we're very good, we're just not very good very often. Stats are useless other than points. And we're doing alright on that front - but really, we're fucking horrible to watch and have been for 3/4 of the season.
We scored 6 against the team in third place and Tottenham are extremely defensive. I absolutely do agree that we have been slow and ponderous for a while, especially since the United game. Thought the Chelsea game was good and we will need Foden to focus on his football. I also think the moment Dias comes back into the team we will be much more solid than we are now

View attachment 68170

If you thought the matchday thread was bad…. Some right over reactions in this thread…. calling out the squad, Pep etc…. When did we become so self entitled. We lost a game today… we will probably lose the league this season…. But throwing the baby out with the bath water will solve nothing. We need a planned and methodical overhaul of a tired squad…. I personally think the present ownership and management have earned the right….
Depends on how many players are disgruntled. If more than one or two it only ends up one way.

Why Its fact look at my post pre Haaland..its not what will help us in long run..rotation. bring their CH out with false 9, overlap.
, cot backs = GOALS tell.mr where im wrong?
The fact when we play to supply haaland we score. The issue is why do we have games where we don’t supply him the ball.. we have proven already this season we can and know how to play with him in the team.

giphy.gif

Does he even train with our main team? Been waiting for a long time that a winger would get to our side from the EDS.
Don’t think so mate…to be honest I don’t think pep fancies him but he’s exactly the sort of winger we are crying out for and most likely will spend £80+ mill on something similar in the summer.

I thought Erling Jack Alvarez Rodri Ake Lewis and walker looked up for it. They didn't all play well though.
I'm not saying anyone didn't look up for it, but in previous seasons we had a level above that we could shift gears into when required.

We'd turn defeats into draws & draws into wins. It just seems this season we've hit a performance glass ceiling & are unable to go beyond the levels most opposition teams present us as we've been able to do previously.

It's a personnel & mentality issue as Pep's alluded to & hopefully those in power will be hell bent on changing the necessary personnel & the 'I'm tired' culture which has crept in this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.