Spurs (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Ake has been our player of the season. I agree Rodri's mistake was the difference between the two teams. I don't think we were the better side, they did capitalise on our mistake but looked like scoring every time they broke forward. They used pace and ran straight up the pitch rather than farted about passing waiting for someone else to pass forward.
Looked like scoring? I didn't feel that. What clear opportunity did they have? Every ciunter was stopped, or we always had majority.

It's just acceptable at all. The systems that Pep is using aren't working and we, the players and the opponents know. Picking the players on who smiles the most in training isn't working, he is alienating our players. We need to go into the transfer market and get players who are playmakers who will use Haaland. We have the best striker in the world on rations in terms of passes.

Spot on. I'd love to know who the 'Pep out but I'm too afraid to say it' brigade would like to see take over. Enrique, who got knocked out of the World Cup by Morocco? Pochettino who finished 3rd in a 2 horse race? Simeone and his squalid brand of football?

There is no manager out there who is perfect. Pep is as close to perfect as you'll get.

4 Premier League titles in 5 years, when the league is getting more and more competitive.

Look at Liverpool this season. Look at Chelsea this season. 10 years without a title for the rags. Arsenal? Almost 20. Spurs? Don't make me laugh.

Get some fucking perspective people!

The price we pay of being too high standard, can't imagine we are going back to pre takeover era. I know it's small chance but it's football anything can happen with cyclic nature.

He gave the kind of effort you would expect by a player benched by his manager to make a point.

i am not saying it is right.

there are a number of players playing badly and not putting in leg work.

Bernado has been i gone in the Head from the Club for weeks.

Even Rodri looks half arsed.

We can all see something is not right.

Our best defenders benched,star performers not putting a shift in.
Why was Kev benched to make a point?

I know many were upset with my comments in the match thread—and I have followed up with a few directly to explain my posts after the match thread was locked—but I wanted to clarify them:

I wasn’t criticising others critiquing our performance or players or Pep. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I was commenting on the vitriolic posts that have unfortunately become a hallmark of match threads, with them becoming more and more toxic this season, which seems to be spilling over in to the forum in general.

So many seem to be so reactionary and so angry when we don’t play well now that they seem to lose their heads and post completely OTT comments that set the tone. It then snowballs from there.

And it’s honestly very sad to see.

I was even told I am not fit to moderate the forum for speaking out against it.

Which, fair enough, if people genuinely feel that way, I’ll hang up my mod boots.

But I hate to see the place I have spent so much time on for the past 13+ years, on which I have created so many great relationships, and which has served as my connection to home as my community has shrunk substantially these last few years, sliding in to a more hostile place, despite our best efforts to prevent it.

As I said, if I am no longer fit for purpose, I’ll step down.
Mate, it’s the world. Everyone’s always angry all the time, and generally City fans have always trended towards ‘miserable dicks’ when we lose.

I didn’t read the match day thread, but I’m sure there’s no need for any hasty decisions on your part. Move past it. This weekend was a good weekend to lose, because it didn’t leave us further back. What will be will be - we’ll either click soon or have to wait until next year. Pep frustrates me at times, but I get the feeling he’s working to fix something we don’t even know about, but could become much bigger if left unresolved.

1 stupid mistake and a crossbar twixt the two teams....very little else.

We're not at our best,some players look leggy and mentally stale and most sub their normal best.

BUT...we're 5 points off top with 57 to play for and 2 games agin Arse who we've already beaten

Chins up, shoulders back and show some gumption !!

Arsenal are setting a pace that would have won them a title in almost any season apart from when City and Liverpool reached late 90s/100.
Think on. If the league is poor then a decent side will pick up loads of points. Arsenal are a decent side but not top level. They are even surprised themselves where they are.

We hardly tested Lloris so best we could have got is 0-0 and a point. Bit more pace required, remember how potent we were with peak Sterling and Sane? I thought the defence was fine bar asking Lewis to play both left back and midfield. As said by many others we are playing as if Haaland does not exist, that needs sorting. Need to beat Arsenal twice now, which could happen, but I think other teams are a little hungrier than ourselves at the moment.

My two cents:

I honestly don't think Pep likes to have a straight #9 on the field. All those Barcelona teams - he had Messi play deeper. Haaland can't do that. He's just not that type of player. Against the top 6-7 teams in the PL, they have him covered. Instead of a 4-3-3, we should be using a 4-2-3-1.

Pace of play. Possession should bring some order to the game. But when we lose the ball - we are absolute panic stations in transition. Every time Spurs got the ball and pushed, I was holding my breath. Conversely, when they lose the ball, there is no urgency. No dynamic movement. And as it relates to Haaland, there is only "how am I going to get him the ball". What we really should be thinking is "how can my movement and passing open things up not just for him but for my teammates".

Its frustrating for us. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for Haaland. Its enough for teams to 2 man mark him. Just stay tight on him and teams will gladly take other players to create something outside the box. That's what Spurs did today.

I don't know what the answer is. I think the PL is gone. Pep is trying new tinkers every week. I think today he got it wrong in the back. It should have been Walker-Dias-Laporte-Ake. Rodri had a bad game. He was dead on his feet in the last 15 minutes. Bernardo and Grealish were solid and showed urgency. I can see how Pep wanted to try and get Haaland free with putting Alvarez in but it didn't work. Not sure this system is right for Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.