Spurs (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Spurs were on the beach were they.
That is shit and disrespectful to the boys who came through that.
Full respect to City but Spurs had only 1 real chance from Son. Just cant see how they posed a threat at all. Plenty of possession agreed, but did nothing at all with it as opposed to previous games against us.

I don't think City played shit ?
First half, nerves definitely set in.
But, Spurs are our bogey team in recent years.
They played a very good pressing game that they kept it up for nearly all of the 100 minutes.
Second half City stepped up and just about shaded it.
Arsenal played much worse at Old Trafford, than City did tonight.
Don't think that has been mentioned by the media, tonight ?
Entitled to your view but still say we were poor. Even Rodri said words to that affect after. He knew we were below par. Very scrappy at times which nearly cost us the match re. Akaji/Son.

Entitled to your view but still say we were poor. Even Rodri said words to that affect after. He knew we were below par. Very scrappy at times which nearly cost us the match re. Akaji/Son.
Below par should not be confused with poor. We weren’t as good as we could have been but poor teams don’t win big games

I thought it was a professional performance no fancy play, Spurs played quite well in fact some players played better than they had for ages, when City come to town teams tend to raise their game, the world was watching

This team is going to be the end of me, I have already accepted it...

It's impossible to put my feelings into words, simply impossible. Never before in the history of the sport has a group of players been pushed so hard for so long, it just hasn't happened. This is beyond human measures, Pep's City keeps beating nature, establishing new standards, new norms...

Bernardo was right, City will never get the credit they deserve. Saddest part though is that this truth also applies to a part of City's fan base. To all those miserable people with their disgraceful comments during first half and half time: We cannot run, you fucking clowns. Not tonight (with 2,5 days to recover), not last week, not last month. This goes on for 4 consecutive years. FOUR! That's the reality of this team, match after match after match after match, domesticaly as well as abroad. Pep's strategy is designed exactly so as to hide this problem. He delivered without a striker, he delivered without fullbacks, he keeps delivering with a team that operates with unbelievably low energy levels. It hasn't happened before, never, and it won't happen again. History is written before our very eyes, and yet there are people who call themselves City fans that wiil never get this. So fucking sad. These people do not deserve this manager, these players, this team...

I'll tell you who do: All the thousands of people who felt the abuse in their skin for decades. All those who did not abandon ship, did not become glory hunters. Humble, hard working people who kept loyal to the cause in the dark days of history. With a differemt attitude, trust me, history would have been different, I am sure our owners did their research and identified the potential before making their move. It's these people, they are the ones who deserve this. The message to them (many of whom are no longer with us)? You should be proud of this manager and those boys out there on the pitch. They are the ones who represent you. We are talking about MEN. Men with guts, men with honour, men with dignity. Men who will not hesitate to play with one leg, if necessary. Men willing to sacrifice themselves for the cause...

A final comment: All those cunts from the media and social media who pushed Spurs to give everything tonight, you got your answer. Suddenly it became a test for Spurs players, having to prove to the world that they won't throw the game away. A fucking disgrace. No, I did not expect the red carpet, but I'm not sure they've shown this kind of "physicality" (that's what they call it, right?) frequently, have they? Mr Levy and the media cunts will have to try harder next time...

My warm congratulations to the manager and the boys. I've said it before, I've reached a point where I live my life through City now. Didn't ask for it, never expected it, this team made it happen. As I said a few days ago, no matter what happens in the next couple of weeks, I will be here to applaud this team -and I know I will not be the only one. Lead them to victory, Pep. You and the boys deserve it 1000%...

Top post it's a beauty...
giphy-10.gif

The other Nelinho doing Nelinho things...
1000047416.gif

Incredible that City time and again can put a number of runs together despite being the one to chase. I think it is easier psychologically to be the chaser rather than the chased. City though take it in their stride and last night was the first time they have shown any nerves. I think Arsenal fell apart last season because they were the one being chased

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.