Spurs (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Think we had too many players that froze under the pressure. In the tunnel before the game most of them looked like they'd seen a ghost, and the first half (and most of the second) they played like it. Gave me major Porto CL final vibes.

Gvardiol looked ok, Foden's desire to win won us the game IMO, Ederson kicking seemed good enough, I thought Doku put in an absolutely superb cameo when he came on, Akanji was superb bar that mistake, but Dias, Kev and Rodri just weren't there for me (Rodri I think we can forgive because he's been run into the ground so tiredness is an issue). If we play like we did that first half in the next 2 games we won't win a thing. Hopefully it was a Spurs away thing as opposed to a big game thing, but I suppose we'll find out on Sunday.
So just the clean sheet for dias in defence, just the assist for kev and just rodri running the game in the background as always long may they keep on freezing

Anyone else wrecked at full time last night? I'm only just recovering now.

Bigtime. Didn't realise how tensed up I was, feeling it today. My neck feels like I've spent 98 minutes squeezing out a jobbie!

Wow talk about picking out what you want to fit your narrative! We were very poor in the 1st half. Everyone was saying it. You can’t seriously say you were happy with our 1st 45mins? I said if we didn’t play better in the second half we didn’t deserve to win the league with what was at stake. The 2nd half was a completely different performance and much more like ourselves.
We didn't play poorly in the first half though..we played the game the way we needed too..making sure we didn't concede as it would be so difficult to win otherwise.
We were always in control of the game and we knew eventually we would break them down as we are a much better team.

We didn't play poorly in the first half though..we played the game the way we needed too..making sure we didn't concede as it would be so difficult to win otherwise.
We were always in control of the game and we knew eventually we would break them down as we are a much better team.

We were pretty constipated the first half mate, no need to defend that. We turned it up in the second half, and it was vy no means as bad as a couple have made out, but first half certainly wasn't our usual.

unique circumstances...affected both teams , really was a hard watch considering what we are used to, the possession stats alone show how untypical it was.

Just in case anybody missed it. City won the ieague last night and we have done the same tonight. The natural order needs to be maintained. You know it makes sense.

For probably 99.99999% of you who haven’t a fucking scooby who I am, or what the fuck I am on about, you don’t know what your missing.

Probably.

Kier Starmer?
Mr Freebee himself, even helped himself to free hospitality at our place this season...paid for by...

Name of donor: Manchester City Football Club
Address of donor: Etihad Stadium, Ashton New Road, Manchester M11 3FF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Hospitality and match tickets for two people to Manchester City vs Arsenal (value is approximate), value £900
Date received: 31 March 2024
Date accepted: 31 March 2024
Donor status: company, registration 08355862
(Registered 9 April 2024)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.