Spurs (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

We didn't play poorly in the first half though..we played the game the way we needed too..making sure we didn't concede as it would be so difficult to win otherwise.
We were always in control of the game and we knew eventually we would break them down as we are a much better team.
Nonsense. The first half we were well below our best. Not sure what game you were watching.

Bollocks..we were always in control..we didn't look as good as normal but tension plays a big part ..as I say we knew we would create something
Generous, at a minimum.

We were misplacing rushed passes all over the field as they put excess pressure on a slow City.

My brother was at the game and here’s a snippet of a text convo we had at HT…
(I’m in blue)

IMG_0917.jpeg

We could both see it…one in the ground, one in front of the TV…and were both proved exactly right!

Their pressure on our CBs created the Son breakaway and Doku changed the game when he came on, and secured the penalty.

BTW, he called the Fulham & Spurs scores, too!!! I guess us both watching City for over a half century each has given us a few insights?!

Last edited:
I thought they pressed really well which surpassed us but other than Sons chance I couldn't see any danger from them at all. Lets agree to disagree.
No let's not , you just replied stating they pressed really well and yet you believe they were on the beach , which one is it ? Ortega made three vital saves in the last twenty minutes , comments like yours just belittles our teams efforts suggest you think about what you post before using your keyboard.

Nonsense. The first half we were well below our best. Not sure what game you were watching.
First half was a tactical decision hence the inclusion of Kovacic to stiffen the midfield , it wasnt pretty but it was effective , brilliant from Pep we stepped up in the 2nd half and the game opened up when Doku was introuced and we got the job done , the perfect away performance it's what Champions do.

Bollocks..we were always in control..we didn't look as good as normal but tension plays a big part ..as I say we knew we would create something
You were on top, they had a go, but it never felt that it would get away from you. Fodden was fucking outstanding, KDB his usual, if he sticks in, he could have a future. Your sub keeper holding the line. It was always going to be nervy, but top teams deal with that, as you did. Nobody shat it. It was a great, do you fucking think so, to Arsenal.

You were on top, they had a go, but it never felt that it would get away from you. Fodden was fucking outstanding, KDB his usual, if he sticks in, he could have a future. Your sub keeper holding the line. It was always going to be nervy, but top teams deal with that, as you did. Nobody shat it. It was a great, do you fucking think so, to Arsenal.
If Son had put that 1 on 1 away against Ortega like he does 99 times out of 100 you'd be singing a different song. But all that matters is that we got the result at the end of the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.