Spurs (A) Post match Thread

Excellent result. The pitch was clearly a leveller, the proof being that Sissoko looked useful. We shown genuine resilience even though our FBs were shocking and our wingers neither use nor ornament in the second half.

Have to say, I love Bernardo Silva's endeavour and effort. He wasn't our best player on the night but he was neat and tidy, and worked his arse off. I thought Laporte and especially Stones, were excellent. Neither were faultless but they executed so many pieces of defending.

As for Pamela, he's a genuine grub. Dives around but is very snide. Similar to Herrera in that sense.

People are being harsh on Mendy, so I am going to list the things he did well:

Sissoko was an example, of how no mark kids come through at lower league teams, where the skilled ones get crushed.

Big fast lumps, playing lump it football on shit pitches, eclipse the better ones, who get mugged.

Can we stop the criticism of the team or certain players - we won and let's not forget in the Ukraine we played some staggering stuff. Be happy we won and didn't concede again. They tried to out muscle us but we stood up and came away with a huge three points. BTW it's fine to complain about Trippier - moaning git, Sissoko - raking Sterling ranks alongside the attacks on Kev last season. Kane - always leaves his foot in. Our lads, all of them were giants. 110 points this year no doubt.

Walker made some errors. Aguero wasn't great. Mendy was awful and has had positional issues all season, they just haven't been exposed as badly as they were tonight.

All 4 full backs were utter gash. Perhaps the horrific conditions may have had something to do with it?

What did Lamela say or do to Mendy? If Ben had contacted with Eric he would have decked him.....with a red card to follow. Fortunately Mendy's attempted punch was mistimed like a lot of his game tonight.
Great fighting victory....Pride in Battle!

Fortunately for Mendy his arm is as clueless as his footballing brain.

With that pitch I'd have snapped your hand off for that result.
Should have scored 3 or 4 but equally could have conceded 3 too. Mendy had a shocker and Walker wasn't so much better.
Great pass by Ederson so set up Sterling for the Pass and good goal from Mahrez - Man can he hoof the ball.
Should have ahead a few more but when the ball got into the middle of the pitch it bobbled horribly.
We won and that is all that matters in games like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.