Spurs (A) Post match Thread

He was also trying to make out that we don't have many players who would have made it into Manure and other Prem winning teams from the past.
Yes, he seemed to be implying that players like Fernandinho and Bernardo were some sort of journeymen that we'd signed from Accy Stanley. Mind you it was funny watching Neville rip him to bits about Carragher's nonsense regarding Spurs lack of spending.

Sky couldn't hide their disappointment that we won. Subtle and not so subtle little digs - going on about 'dropping away points already this season'. At half time, Tyler even said Spurs would be 'buoyant' because we made a couple of mistakes. We mastered the conditions better than Spurs. Spurs have an owner worth over £6b - should he decide to invest in players, but Sky try and paint a Rich man Poor man picture.

BBC even worse - been having sly digs all day. Now trying to get Mendy a ban but completely overlooking Sisokos horror tackle on Sterling.

Seemed like a rather laboured performance but really we dominated and they only had the one real chance. Wasteful in front of goal again which will drive pep mad. Walker and Mendy need to get their shit together.

Mendy and Walker are the worst footballers in our squad and a pitch like that tonight will not get the best out of them. They were both, granted, very poor though.

But there were some very erratic passes and decisions from a number of players tonight. Kun was well below par, Sterling bar his goal was all over the shop, David has an open net for a tap in and passed it backwards, Bernardo went missing in spells, Laporte was my MOTM and he went walking for a header he got under in the first half which led to their chance, Mahrez nearly cost us a goal, Kev looked well off the pace when he came on... and a lot of these things had nowt to do with the pitch.

But Ederson, Stones, Laporte (bad that header), Fernandinho and when Bernardo got involved and Mahrez on the whole we’re all excellent.
Such insight. Please can you post more often. Especially when we get hammered. Like tonight. Ta.

Christ......that was crap! Truly awful pitch. The shambolic performances of our two headless chickens at full back seemed to spread through the team. That was third division Sunday morning football standard from all involved. 3 very lucky points bagged. Forget about it quick and move on.
Keep trying. Eventually United will be a top 6 team. Then you'll be able to sleep that bit(ter) better.

Must admit although it was a scrappy game I don't think we were that poor tonight with the exception of our full backs. The pitch was poor which made it really difficult we still created several chances and forced a really good save from Lloris . It was n't a great spectacle but we were still clearly the better team playing away against a good side on a poor pitch.
Oh and we won.

Brilliant hardworking, battling performance tonight in very difficult conditions, against very difficult overly physical opponents and yet a-fucking-gain against a referee working with a different set of rules depending on the colour of the shirt. It was impossible to be our usual brilliant self in possession given the pitch but impressive we still had the bravery to play but adapt at times.

Only downside for me was Mendy, I don’t mind a mistake or two but do NOT fucking turn round, throw your hands in the air and give up, not even bothering attempting to get back. You might not even get back but at least fucking try you lazy twat. I thought he’d turned a corner with the Liverpool (a) game, he was absolutely brilliant defensively and worked his bollocks off and looked like a £50-60m world class fullback. Tonight he looked like a pub player. Reminded me of Pogshit at the scum, can be unbelievably good one minute and complete fucking dogshit the next. Needs to book his ideas up and get some consistency sharpish or I think the stories about Sandro may have something in it.

Christ......that was crap! Truly awful pitch. The shambolic performances of our two headless chickens at full back seemed to spread through the team. That was third division Sunday morning football standard from all involved. 3 very lucky points bagged. Forget about it quick and move on.
Spurs were that good that we were "lucky" ?

Haha, 4 shots on goal, only 1 on target. Had we taken our chances it could (should) have been 3 or 4, fuck me we have some spoiled fans.

Shit pitch. Non like city performance but 3 points. Speaks volumes. Did what we had to do.

I felt the agenda much more today. In the build up and during the game. Subtle.

We are so fucking good. Even when we are shit, we are still great.

Some tough fixtures out the way. We will defend this title now. I’ve never felt so assured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.