Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

One WTF moment on my feed yesterday.

At half time they went to Dermot Gallagher to review the Raz penalty incident. Of course Dermot was adamant it was a dive. He even said at one point "look you can here that sterling has recognized he cant get to the ball"

Shearer, who was on the panel stepped in "but he GOT the ball!" and that was the end of that segment. Just shows how the refs see us.
I saw that as well bang on right

Just seen the highlights. How on earth we didn’t score is beyond me. Lloris was all over place. We need to start firing again. Hopefully we get back on the saddle quickly and hit a bag full against the hammers.

I wouldn't even single out poor finishing as the only issue.

It is only part of the problem.

There is a serious lack of professionalism all over the Pitch this season.

Defensively we really are abysmal.You could be forgiven for thinking we dont bother with the defensive side of the game.We see players like Otamendi make the same mistake game, after,game.Yet still he starts.With our corners,and free kicks there is no clear strategy.We saw our corner today turned quickly in to a Spurs Attack.

I remember when Pep used to hook Leroy for not tracking back,regardless of his offensive qualities.Now the whole side do it.A quick opposition counter usually results in a goal against us.

No one wins anything with a bad defense.All great sides are built on solid foundations. Vinny was like having 2 defenders on the Pitch ,he could Baby sit Stones,and make Otamendi look half decent.
I love Vinnie.
He did let us down against R.M. once though...

Our defence of the title is heading toward one the worst on record.
————
We already hold the accolade for the worst title defence ever. 1937-38

So you reckon finishing second is one of the worst title defences?
Points wise it won't matter as long as we finish second ..

The stream i had had Graham Le Saux banging on constantly that it was horror tackle by Sterling and should've been straight red. I thought it was an honest challenge and he got the ball first (cant find a vid) but can see why a yellow was given
Was it as bad as two tackles by Kane and Alli at our place a couple of years back. If I remember correctly neither were part of legitimate tackles and both intended harm.

Was in Prague pissed up during the game so barely remember much. Just watched it back.

Same old same old really. How many fucking times are we going to miss chances, every single fucking week. Pep must be tearing his hair out as he's being hung out by the press and even by some on here yet his tactics are producing chance after chance for multiple players. I wish we could say it's just Aguero or someone missing chances but it's the fucking whole team.

Big squad overhaul in the summer needed.

Just seen the highlights. How on earth we didn’t score is beyond me. Lloris was all over place. We need to start firing again. Hopefully we get back on the saddle quickly and hit a bag full against the hammers.
The problem is that some days we're very efficient in front of goal and score a bagfull when we don't really need to, and other days we can't seem to score to save our lives. There has to be a tactical and/or psychological reason for that, because if it was truly random, our goals would be spread out a lot more evenly.

As I said at the time: against Villa, we didn't even get all our shots on target. We got about 60% between the two posts and under the bar. We know the result. All I'm asking is that we get about 50%. We would win virtually every game. And this would have been a genuine title race, even with the fuck-ups in defence.

Leave the civil warfare out.

We played very well up to a point. VAR was sh't again, however can't blame that for missing umpteenth chances which has become a trend. It's not good enough to say it was a crazy game, and one of those nights because poor finishing has become a trend. That was a game we should have won very easily. As was Man Utd in midweek.

The obvious thing is to look at our forwards:

Aguero,Mahrez and Sterling. Sterling has gone to pieces since the Anfield game. He needs to get a grip. Mahrez is playing very well but he doesn't score many goals. Aguero is scoring but I get the feeling that he should be scoring a lot more.

I'd bring jesus in. Should have happened a while ago. He is hungry and an excellent finisher.

This might do us a favour as the league has gone anyway and it will make us hungry, and question ourselves.

As a club I would really like City to sort Pep's contract out. he wants to leave it to the end of the season, but I think we'd benefit from extending it now if he will do that.
I knew you would say it's sergio's fault somehow

Don't have a negative view on the club mate, and fuck me don't dare to criticise Guardiola, he's immune from any kind of criticism. You can't expect three good seasons on the spin can you, if you do you're a spoilt bastard. Just say, all's well in the City garden.
No you can't expect them to keep up the intensity pep brings for 3 seasons,you are far and away the most negative about being a blue on here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.