Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Draw them out. They are at home. If they don’t want to push up let’s take the point and nil nil and thank you very much.
We are so predictable.
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DRAW THEM OUT. WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN??????

Sorry, I lost it, I apologise, but seriously? Throw some money, jewellery, villa keys in front of them...I mean how?

His right arm was moving towards the ball inviting a handball call even if it missed his bicep by a mm.

It looked handball to me. I’d have been disappointed had that stood against us.

We have got some huge problems.

Zero leadership. The way our heads went at 2-0 was shocking. No fight at all.

5 goals in 6 games in the league. That’s awful for a team of our quality. We look dominant but the keepers hardly have a decent save to make all night.

whatever we are doing in training isn’t working anymore so we either change how we play or we end up outside the top 4.

We have no chance of winning the league with this side. They lack bollocks.

Jeez there are some entitled people on this thread. Ok it ain’t great just now but there is still time. And let’s face it, it’s an odd season and one for us that is one of rebuilding. We have been a total fantasy team over the last few years. Formidables, quadruple and brilliant team to watch. Absolute dreamland. I remember when dunninho was our player of the season four on the trot as the rest were just abject. Can we just calm down a bit!

We have forwards that have zero presence in the box yet we persist in endless intricate play to try to find them. FFS Pep, buy a target man and start putting crosses in and anything that comes back out hit it straight back at goal.

It's staggering that we have so much play and 80%+ of our passes are sideways or backwards. Possession counts for nothing as perfect displayed by Spurs today.

How about two things. One, stop playing Mahrez, he is absolutely fucking useless. Two, if after the first half we are playing badly and losing, don’t wait for the opposition to make the first sub and then go two up, before you start to change things. Both are things everyone is crying out for, yet week in week out the same thing happens.

But that's the thing, we didn't play bad in the first half. Bottom line, it is difficult to beat a team that puts 10 men behind the ball. There isn't a way of play we can change to discourage this. Teams know they are inferior to us if they come out and play so they sit back. We are just missing that bit of special quality at the moment, I'm all for sitting Mahrez if we have someone better to come in, but his guile unfortunately is needed even though at this time he is not producing.

I agree on the subs though, not sure why he isn't using them!

If we did that and let goals in people would say why didn’t we refresh the defense when it was a bigger problem. We get chances but we don’t finish them. Don’t think we could get defense and a new forward line with all the lockdowns etc. plus a quality one would be pretty expensive. Idk it’s not as easy as fifa career and you buy people lol
we've never been able to defend but have always been good at putting the ball in the net. Southampton away last year was a perfect example, brilliant football played but no one put the ball in the net so we still lost despite being parked in there half for the whole of the game.

Its hard to play against a back 9 or 11 week in week out.

The chances are spurs will only play like that 3 or 4 times a season, where as City play against teams like spurs every game. Its getting abit boring, City fans blaming the manager, the players etc but City know ever team is going to sit back and play counter attack. OK it's down to us to break that down, but it must get tiring game after game. I bet the City players really enjoy a game when it's more end to end.

Today's game first shot goal, our goal was it handball not 100% sure. Just before their second handball by the spurs player, brushed under the carpet, unlike our penalty against liverpool were everyone tried to get it ruled out. Again spurs handball brushed under the carpet I think Neville said a little about. Spurs than score a second

Yes it's down to City to work out how to break down a packed defence, if City change a play a more sitting back style like spurs I am not sure what so of game it would be with both teams sitting deep. It's not Peps way and as Redknapp just said spurs will take watching spurs play park the bus if it means winning silverware. Spurs fans will sacrifice good football for defensive football.

Perhaps it's just me but I cant get excited about this season, no fans, etc its lost its soul for me at the minute.

8 games, 10 goals scored, 11 conceded.

14th in the list of number of goals scored. The difference between the best attack (Chelsea) and us is 12 goals.
7th in the list of number of goals conceded. The difference between the best defence (Spurs) and us is only 2 goals.

Pretty obvious where the problem is.
Today the defence was the problem. Conceding that first goal allowed them to funnel everyone behind the ball, to defend for their lives and then pick us off when we turned the ball over.

He looked really sharp to be fair today and worked his bollocks off. If only I could say the same for the other 10.
If we’re playing badly the minimum I’d expect is 100% effort and didn’t see that today

And folk on here give him stick - they don’t understand he’s a totally different player than Kun, to whom he is always wrongly compared.

Jesus deserves better & certainly more respect from some of our so called “entitled” fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.