Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

We can’t moan about these teams sitting behind the ball and countering as that’s what they do to win the game and Jose is a master at getting result in a game . The var decision was shit but it’s happening every week to other teams so no point in moaning about it but what really annoys me is when we are clearly not working with the 11 on the pitch but pep will not change it until it’s over and this happens time after time which is not acceptable. Like to see more of steffen if I’m honest as just about every time we have a shot against it goes in. But I’ll tell you one thing if we think that 34 year old messi is the answer to our problems then we have major issues moving forward . Someone said the other day that we don’t much of a rebuild we’ll do they still think that after this shit but hey ho at least pep has signed a new contract so all is not bad .

Totally agree.

We need to recognise that we’re in bad form before this really spirals.

Every player needs to fight for the shirt now. Nothing less than 110% aggression and commitment.
Spot on. And people can (quite rightly say) its too early for that kind of talk but they clearly don't understand the psychological disadvantage we now face and if that becomes embedded too deeply it will have consequences for the Christmas/Jan period which we all know is the hardest. I'll concede to the lack of pre-season, the injuries, the threat we all face in the real world but its the lack of grit on the pitch that I just can't stomach. Ive seen enough losses in my many years but the ones where we went down with a fight have always been the ones that made me truly appreciate being a City fan. Tonight has been a world away from that feeling. Tomorrow I'll be right but to say that performance wasn't a concern would be negligence as a long suffering Blue.

Having looked at the movement of the ball on the handball, I'm not sure when the contact with the arm came. Watch the ball, in the first change of direction it moves up, then outwards suggesting it hit the knee first. That said, it hit the arm at some point, what part of the arm though? The rules aren't clear enough, obviously.

I knew Dean was going to rule that out no matter what he saw though.
His right arm was moving towards the ball inviting a handball call even if it missed his bicep by a mm.

A wake-up call for Pep,the right flank,if you play Mahrez you get nothing,zilch,zero so you have Walker flogging his guts out to try and inject pace,trouble is if we lose possession he is 70/90 yards out of position.Mahrez has provided nothing for his transfer fee,2/3 games a season .Now if Pep canNot see how little he adds to the team we are in trouble.Ferran &Sterling wingers,Jesus &Aguero attacking,two attacking midfielders Foden & Kevin.Pep is to blame for not making the substitutions earlier,bringing them on after we are two down is a mistake of which he makes to often,VAR once again against City,we should at least have had a look at the corner kick on 60 mins the incident was never repeated but I thought it was hand ball,clear and obvious it’s what VAR is for.Finally the ref was a superb addition to the Spurs squad.Now for a rather large whisky.Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.