Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Cannot believe how self entitled some fans are on here. Sure we aren't playing well at the moment but there are reasons for this, lack of pre season, injuries to key players, new players, loss of form and confidence.
There is too much knee jerk reaction when we lose a games, get rid of x,y and z; Pep must go etc.
I am not being a happy clapper as I can see things aren't perfect but let's not over react to one frustrating defeat after eight games into the season.

If you think people are reacting to one defeat in one season only then sorry you are the very definition of a happy clapper, if I looked up happy clapper in the dictionary I would expect to see a picture of you smiling with your thumbs up:-)

Oh I'm seeing it the same as you believe me. All 4 spurs attacks tonight were because we were pushed to far up the pitch, and a bit of carelessness/bad positioning, and we're done every time. My mum texted me blaming Ederson, but 4 times he was put one on one with a forward and no cover to help.

That said our profligacy at the other end doesn't help either, so yes the conclusion is that we are a bit of mess.
The lack of proficiency at the top end of the pitch is largely due to the fact that we have gone from 50% of teams playing a low block to 90% plus throw in a bit of bad form and lack of fit strikers.

I suggest you take a look at the table and think again we are beyond poor at the moment and no real improvement in sight. We are one or two bad results away from a crisis. We need 5 or 6 wins in a row to get back in the title race and that looks to be beyond us at present.
If we are as bad as you say then why bother extending Pep's contract. Sure we aren't playing well but to say that we are beyond poor is taking the piss.
We may be two bad results away from a crisis but we are also only two good results from being right back in the mix.

I wonder if Pep and the team reviewed last season 2-0 loss Spurs away fixture and made any notes on the back of that game.
Because this one today was a carbon copy of that game.

I have a feeling Mourinho did that with Spurs, and they got the same result.

We aint committing men forward, which is strange wtf Bernardo, Mahrez, KDB are doing outside the box, sometimes 30 meters from goal when Cancelo or Torres looking to make a cross?
Who is gonna score, Jesus if he is lucky enough to touch the ball between 5 defenders?
Dont get me started on Mahrez, he is running the ball out 2 times every game in situations where a top class wide attacker would earn a pen, test the keeper like hell, create an assist or score a goal. He is running the ball out than looks surprised...
How can Pep tolerate that when he had Messi in his prime, he had Ribery and Robben as his players etc...
It is like we dont want to flood the box because defenders flood it, and we want to beat that defence with maximum of 2 City players being close to them. Well it is not working out.

Cannot believe how self entitled some fans are on here. Sure we aren't playing well at the moment but there are reasons for this, lack of pre season, injuries to key players, new players, loss of form and confidence.
There is too much knee jerk reaction when we lose a games, get rid of x,y and z; Pep must go etc.
I am not being a happy clapper as I can see things aren't perfect but let's not over react to one frustrating defeat after eight games into the season.
Take the blinkers off, Mr Clapper. You think the reaction is to one frustrating game?

Last edited:
We stretch the pitch width wise - now teams stretch it lengthwise (Spurs) and we're now behind tactically and strategically

Why dont we give opponents the ball and we sit back and hit them on the counter thats change it around. if managers arent sure if we are going to play possession or counter attack football.
Funnily enough I was thinking exactly the same myself earlier! Nobody would be expecting it and surely it would catch the opposition off-guard.
Park the bus and use Kev to transition the ball up to our pacey forwards; bit like what Spurs do with Kane and Son.
Seems every time we are hit on the break, we concede. Therefore, playing high up the putch is our problem. Unfortunately though, we never learn!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.