Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

All we have to do is get knocked out of all competitions, don’t win the League,,, Lose A game or two on our way to winning the chumps league,, and we will be lauded as the greatest team ever!!
Never mind 4 domestic trophies , anyone can do that

Just seen the Laporte 'goal'. Exactly how much 'hand' did Gabby get on the ball. Dean was tugging at the top of his shirt to indicate handball. Thought the tops of sleeves were exempt from the new 'fuck knows' handball law?
VAR is suposed to be for clear and obvious errors. Dean didnt notice it first time round and then had to watch it 4 times in slo mo to decide it was hand ball. Joke decision.

Last edited:
I thought that Torres started really well but gradually started to drift in and out of the game, the fact that he was still twice as effective as Mahrez speaks volumes.

agree to a point but i think the sideways all the time is due to City always seem to be maked by 2 or 3 players, teams double on Raz for example. its difficult to use pace when there isnt much room to work with. Liverpools front 3 have room to run into because teams dont play deep against them.

It will be interesting if spurs set up 6-5 against liverpool
I think, gitg, that 'taken as read' that they won't, would be a little more accurate! We have had teams coming to the Etihad, setting up at on their patch, with the only intention to a) maintain some kind of 'dignity' when it came to goals conceded, or latterly, b) stifle a midfield and attack which has an historical treasure chest of goals. I've seen it in the women's game as well, teams full of athletes and no footballers who simply run around and maintain a defensive shape for ninety minutes. You only need a modicum of good fortune in the decisive moments, and not for the who ninety, and you come away with a point. The pattern of play we adopt clubwide flounders if yer gon't get a goal, and one pretty early on. I've said on so many occasions when teams are clearly set up with a back five that an early goal has completely undone the plan - and they don't have another one. Get a point at The Etihad but never get into the other penalty area is considered, certainly by the likes of Dyche et al, as a good day's work!

How can Spurs fans be happy with their team parking the bus and having four shots. Spurs are an ultra wealthy club, but they play in the style of a Burnley with better players. We rarely played like that in the dark days.
You think Spurs play like that in every game ? Of course they don't. They're a free scoring team with a wealth of attacking talent. They've scored 11 (ELEVEN) more league goals having played one more game than us. Yesterday Mourinho adapted his tactics, as all good coaches, do and they totally nullified us. Us gifting them the first goal was a disaster and I never saw us coming back after that.

All we have to do is get knocked out of all competitions, don’t win the League,,, Lose A game or two on our way to winning the chumps league,, and we will be lauded as the greatest team ever!!
What and show great signs of progress from the previous 12 months and then absolutely piss the league the season after too?

There’s method in your madness. Teams will no longer park the bus against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.