Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

Any team missing their top striker for over 6 months is going to struggle to score goals and that’s our primary problem.
Jesus has also been missing but one striker alone is not enough to sustain the schedule we have anyway.
Not scoring first means teams can afford to park the bus and hit us on the break.
We need to get back to inflicting the first goal and we will then see us scoring more freely as the opponents have to take the handbrake off the bus and open up spaces for our forwards to do their stuff.
Hopefully with Kun coming back we will get our mojo going again.
Another top quality striker is now a huge priority.

Even though it is happening time & again, and I keep seeing it with my own eyes, and even after all the discussions on here about Pep's tactics etc ... I'm still not really sure how we keep losing (or drawing) games like this:

Spurs - City yesterday:

Possession: 34-66%
Shots: 4-22
Corners: 0-10
Goals: 2-0

Spurs go top of the league with an "impressive display" and pundits say they could be Champions this year if they keep playing like that.

Any team missing their top striker for over 6 months is going to struggle to score goals and that’s our primary problem.
Jesus has also been missing but one striker alone is not enough to sustain the schedule we have anyway.
Not scoring first means teams can afford to park the bus and hit us on the break.
We need to get back to inflicting the first goal and we will then see us scoring more freely as the opponents have to take the handbrake off the bus and open up spaces for our forwards to do their stuff.
Hopefully with Kun coming back we will get our mojo going again.
Another top quality striker is now a huge priority.
Yeah, agreed, first goal is (almost) all isn’t it?

At this rate we won’t make top half. The match v Spurs was just poor. Of course we can keep possession as the opposition don’t want it. They are quite happy to let us pass the ball to each other knowing that we have no end product. They just wait till we are all upfield with our back four high up and then pass/punt the ball through the back four, Edison comes way off his line and bingo the ball is in the back of the net. Simples !!
We have needed a plan B for the past 4 years (well we do have a plan B, it is Plan A). We need a “general” in mid field who is fast, strong in the tackle and who can motivate his team mates and we need someone who can and will shoot accurately from distance.
Apart from the above we are okay!

Biggest miss for us is not having a prime Fernandinho in this team. Rodri is nowhere near that level. Time to try Ake when fit as a DM looked very good when he played there at Bournemouth sure I saw an interview with him where he said he feels it’s his best position too. Worth a try can’t be any worse than our current options!

Even though it is happening time & again, and I keep seeing it with my own eyes, and even after all the discussions on here about Pep's tactics etc ... I'm still not really sure how we keep losing (or drawing) games like this:

Spurs - City yesterday:

Spurs go top of the league with an "impressive display" and pundits say they could be Champions this year if they keep playing like that.
Agreed, those stats are a shocker. The chances /shots one I tend to pay less regard to now, just because not all chances or shots are ‘equal’ are they?

More annoyed than I was last night, inexcusable really from Pep. We can say we're in transition, we're waiting to rebuild next summer etc. That's fine, but use the best players available to you and when things aren't going right fucking change it, there's not an excuse in the world for that. Its the same after every defeat/gash performance, the problems remain the same.

It takes two teams to make a football match , for 90% of this game it was attack v defence and it always is against Spurs , Mourinho is not a master , he is a boring anti football f*cker who simply plays for the result. For all the bullshit around Tottingham they will win nothing because Mourinho's style of football is outdated he is a dinosaur . past it and no one wants to see his style of football apart from two faced Spuds fans who originally didnt want him at their club.

We are going through a spell were we cant buy a goal , our strikers are profligate and our midfield lacking creativity , ,our wingers are predictable every team knows they will cut inside , Pep needs to get our wingers playing as wingers , Mahrez.Torres,Sterling even Bernardo and Foden are all capable of skinning full backs and getting to the by-line and creating real chances for Jesus and Aguero. We need a plan B , because teams have worked us out.

Spurs - City yesterday:

10 corners 22 shot . 0 goals scored and 2 conceeded. Sorry but more than pep's style these players are passive and Ineffective. Not a single one stood out. We need a massive rebuild.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.