Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

With Harry Kane or any other top class, clinical finisher in that team today. City would have been 1 or 2 up by half time, Spurs would have had to come out to try and get a goal or two back in the 2nd half. The away team would've had more space, picked them off and probably won by 3 or 4.

Grealish is undoubtedly a fantastic player and I've no doubt he'll add something to that team, but he doesn't make up for the fact that they're badly missing someone who can score masses of 'ugly' goals from within the box. No amount of Pep's advanced tactical strategies, beautiful flowing moves from box to box, false nine's or anything else can hide that they badly need a goal scorer.

A disappointing display apart from the first 15 mins.
We walked into a well set trap yet again which frustrates all of us here.
However we need to remember that once we get Walker, Stones, Zinchenko,KDB and Foden back into this team we will be a totally different beast.
I do wish Pep had started at least some of them today as a team full of second strings just isn’t good enough at this level.
That starting line up today is pretty much what would start a Carabao cup game.

Foden
De Bruyne
Rodri
Stones
Walker
Zinchenko

and potentially Harry Kane.

All to come in.

Agree with all the names except Rodri. He doesn't improve us one bit, in fact he would have been slower than Fernandinho.

We are very weak in defensive midfield. Should have been a priority area along with left back. Not sure what Pep, Txiki, etc are thinking.

Don’t you want us to do well in the FA and League Cups?
I actually don’t really want to go far in the league cup. I think the semi finals in January aren’t quite as bad as the final in March that results in an additional midweek game right in the middle of Cl knockout rounds.
I think given how seriously we have taken the cups we can afford to have a go this season at prioritising the cl over the other cups.
Our reserve side isn’t good enough as shown by the defeats towards the end of last season in games when he rested the players to save for CL. We can’t afford to be rotating in league games because first teamers have played a league cup final again

What excuses did Mendy, Ake and Cancelo have, certainly wasn't tiredness.

Horrible from so many but the glaring issue remains and a top striker would have made little difference today.

The defensive midfield is too slow when the ball breaks down.

Fern still sees the danger but his legs can't get him there.

Gundo, Rodri, nobody solves this issue right now, certainly when we want to front load the top half of the pitch.

Thought Grealish was a real positive.

Fully agree. Said the same in the match thread, they were cutting through the midfield at ease.

Defensive midfield should have been one of the areas to strengthen this summer.

I actually don’t really want to go far in the league cup. I think the semi finals in January aren’t quite as bad as the final in March that results in an additional midweek game right in the middle of Cl knockout rounds.
I think given how seriously we have taken the cups we can afford to have a go this season at prioritising the cl over the other cups.
Our reserve side isn’t good enough as shown by the defeats towards the end of last season in games when he rested the players to save for CL. We can’t afford to be rotating in league games because first teamers have played a league cup final again
I understand your reasoning, but I think the CL is beyond us. We have a better chance of winning the domestic cups.

I can't work out if Lucas Moura is really underrated or if there are flaws to his game that I'm not aware of but whenever we play Spurs he always impresses me. Every time he gets the ball he beats three or four players like they're not even there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.