Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Stones, Dias and Rodri and our press did a fantastic job of nullifying this when we went on our run last year, and Walker's speed helps so much, but it's always going to be our weakness given how many players we get up th field and the left side of defence is always going to be a target.

It's always a risk given the style we play. The alternative is to play like the rags or chavs, little risk and play on the counter. It's brought us something like eight trophies since Pep's been here, so many I'm struggling to count them. Four league cups, one fa cup and three league titles I think? Not including the odd charity shield. When it fails its usually individual errors not the system, like today. Even today if we could finish Spurs would have been 3-0 down and Sons goal a consolation. The game Pep really cocked up was the champions league final, that was down to his selection, but even then the whole defence went walkabout for the goal.

We need to get the intensity in our game. We had 20 mins when we were on it and then the energy went out of our game. Its fitness. It was the exact same thing last season

Agree with the hole in CM - winks and hojberg had the bite & coverage & Ferna couldn’t do what he wanted to do.

Couldn’t work out what Gundo’s role was today though, don’t think he likes being moved - albeit slightly - towards the right flank. Could he play 6 as I think he did in 2018, with KDB behind a front 4, though does his drop off in pace mean he’s an 8?

Rodri looks to be carrying some summer timber & not impressed, so I don’t know who fills that gap because I’m assuming the club is waiting for Lavia and don’t want to buy, which I get & haven’t heard much about Aour, Bissouma or Zakaria for a while.
Winks didn’t even play and was better than fern and gundo.

What excuses did Mendy, Ake and Cancelo have, certainly wasn't tiredness.

Horrible from so many but the glaring issue remains and a top striker would have made little difference today.

The defensive midfield is too slow when the ball breaks down.

Fern still sees the danger but his legs can't get him there.

Gundo, Rodri, nobody solves this issue right now, certainly when we want to front load the top half of the pitch.

Thought Grealish was a real positive.
Spot on. No whispers about a possible dm recruit I take it?

There appears to be a lot of issues with this squad looking at this thread, but we have just won the title by 12 points , (and we took our foot off the gas after Easter. or it would have been 20 points) We have added a £100m midfield player , one of the best around , OK today was lethargic and disappointing but we have half a dozen regulars to return who will provide the energy and creativity we lacked
Just as the Rags havent won the league this weekend , we also have'nt lost it , we had a seriously weakened team who were miles away from our high standards, we will get our act together before the end of September when we have Chelski and the Dippers away from home , shit performance today but there are plenty of vaild reasons for the shite the team dished up.
Let the media take the piss , we will have the last laugh, we always do.

In addition to the general fitness problems, we also have problems with DM. Fernandinho is showing his age whilst Rodri is not so mobile.

Rodri was never a good fit for our system due to his lack of pace and mobility. When you add in his brain farts that keep on costing us he needs to be shipped out and replaced as soon as possible.

-
In addition to the general fitness problems, we also have problems with DM. Fernandinho is showing his age whilst Rodri is not so mobile.
Yeah, bit worrying as that exposes the defense and that ain’t that mobile either, with or without Mendy and Cancelo!
With Kane in the picture, i think the plan is that we’ll score more than we concede! :-/

I actually don’t really want to go far in the league cup. I think the semi finals in January aren’t quite as bad as the final in March that results in an additional midweek game right in the middle of Cl knockout rounds.
I think given how seriously we have taken the cups we can afford to have a go this season at prioritising the cl over the other cups.
Our reserve side isn’t good enough as shown by the defeats towards the end of last season in games when he rested the players to save for CL. We can’t afford to be rotating in league games because first teamers have played a league cup final again
But Harry is coming to win trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.