Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

He picked the sides that have lost to Spurs away the last 4 times and Chelsea 3 games on the trot.

Same issues with counter-attacks, we lost the biggest club game in European Football due a counter attack from left to right.
We play a high-line, even though only Walker has any kind of pace and is usually too high up the pitch to help. Therefore the counter-attack works far too often and play into the hands of the opposition..

A disappointing display apart from the first 15 mins.
We walked into a well set trap yet again which frustrates all of us here.
However we need to remember that once we get Walker, Stones, Zinchenko,KDB and Foden back into this team we will be a totally different beast.
I do wish Pep had started at least some of them today as a team full of second strings just isn’t good enough at this level.
That starting line up today is pretty much what would start a Carabao cup game.
I hope Mendy doesn’t start in the Carabao cup.

I understand your reasoning, but I think the CL is beyond us. We have a better chance of winning the domestic cups.
The best team doesn’t always win. Look at last season. 5-4-1 negative crap that arrogant weasel at Chelsea produced.

After the Spurs game last season didn't Pep call a crisis meeting and adjusted our formation to make us less susceptible to the counter attack and it worked. Off we went on a brilliant run of results. Gone back to our old ways today.

After the Spurs game last season didn't Pep call a crisis meeting and adjusted our formation to make us less susceptible to the counter attack and it worked. Off we went on a brilliant run of results. Gone back to our old ways today.
We’ve slipped back into those old ways back end of last season and into this, truth being told. Chelsea twice, Leeds, Brighton, CL final, Community Shield, today

that 22 game winning run was a long time ago now

Score in the first 20-25 mins we'd have pissed it, problem is we don't look like scoring in the next 20-25 games.

If Zinc was fit to start we'd be home with a point.

Not much else to say apart from Alty letting the fullback foul and foul and foul.

We’ve slipped back into those old ways back end of last season and into this, truth being told. Chelsea twice, Leeds, Brighton, CL final, Community Shield, today

that 22 game winning run was a long time ago now
Don’t forget allowing the Scum to beat us at home, dreadful result.

Confidence.

He needs a run of games where he can start to build his confidence and effect the game in a positive way. He's probably not going to get that this season. He'll be lucky if he gets two or three at best.

At the moment he's trying to force it, and the second he puts a bootlace out of line he's getting absolute pelters.
I like the optimism but honestly confidence is fuck all to do with his defensive shortcomings. His positional play is atrocious for a start...

What excuses did Mendy, Ake and Cancelo have, certainly wasn't tiredness.

Horrible from so many but the glaring issue remains and a top striker would have made little difference today.

The defensive midfield is too slow when the ball breaks down.

Fern still sees the danger but his legs can't get him there.

Gundo, Rodri, nobody solves this issue right now, certainly when we want to front load the top half of the pitch.

Thought Grealish was a real positive.
Agree with the hole in CM - winks and hojberg had the bite & coverage & Ferna couldn’t do what he wanted to do.

Couldn’t work out what Gundo’s role was today though, don’t think he likes being moved - albeit slightly - towards the right flank. Could he play 6 as I think he did in 2018, with KDB behind a front 4, though does his drop off in pace mean he’s an 8?

Rodri looks to be carrying some summer timber & not impressed, so I don’t know who fills that gap because I’m assuming the club is waiting for Lavia and don’t want to buy, which I get & haven’t heard much about Aour, Bissouma or Zakaria for a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.