Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

One thing I don't understand is how we never seem to take a draw from a game like this. 0-0 would have been fine in the circumstances. Surely Pep could see they looked much more threatening after 15 minutes, with Fernadinho shattered in second half we had no midfield when they were breaking; it was inevitable they'd score if something didn't change. Son,Bergwijn and Moura thrive off running into empty space, against an organised defence they'll do nothing.

I don't think anything will be learned or looking to control this game will really help our fluidity in future, half the team were just our weaker players in possession. Mandy, Ake, Torres pretty dodgy on the ball. Sterling on the left gives ball away a fair bit. Fernandinho is 36, as against Leicester he was getting caught in possession for fun. It's admirable that the manager wants to play attacking football but many of our opponents have spent hundreds of millions just on defenders only to play us the same way as Crystal Palace. If they don't want to engage just keep playing back to Ederson, might be boring but better than walking into the same traps time and again.

We do in games against the best teams. They target his tragically slow feet and his frankly laughable lack of recovery pace. The Word is out around Europe on him. Good player but wrong player in the wrong league
He’s no slower than NDJ or Barry or Busquets or flavour of the month Jorginho. His feet aren’t that slow and his touch is perfect. The word you say, Europe ? Come off it, a few disgruntled fans on blue moon hardly sounds the death knell for his time in the PL. He’ll be here for a long time, Pep doesn’t pick him every week for nothing.

Dont know why defender have to put both their hands behind their back when blocking shots, its like playing with no arms and puts you off balance. diaz would have blocked that if properly balanced. Surely its not that hard pulling your arm back out of the way as the ball approaches.

Regular back line this year needs to be Zinchenko, Walker, Dias, and one of Laporte or Stones.

Cancelo is a fine player but Walker gives us more pace and strength especially on the attack.

Ake was dreadful. Son made him look silly on the goal.

I like Torres but he's not a striker and Pep deploying him as such today was questionable at best. Jesus has his own issues but I would have much rather seen him start as our #9 and stick Torres out on the wing than how we lined up today.

Poor team selection and poor finishing was the difference today IMO. I also don't get how Ederson didn't dive on Son's goal, it was always going to his right.

Enough has been said about Mendy. If he stays with the club, he needs to be the guy dressing as Moonchester, not as part of the starting XI.

Kane can't get here soon enough.

Last edited:
Some really repulsive Spurs fans on the way out...and credit to some young City lads for not reacting - as for the game - no point in talking about Mendy (everyone else has) - but for me, the most glaring hole is someone to put that ball into the back of the net - I think its called a striker (its been so long since we had one playing regularly at full fitness, I forget)...I'm beyond caring if its Kane, Haarland, Martinez..I'd even give Delap a go (certainly over Jesus - who needs to leave) and as much as I see the potential in Torres - he is not a striker. Anyway - no panic, in Pep I trust (mostly)...
Its becoming rather child like to blame a defeat on Jesus especially when the whole team played garbage, but then finish off with an oxymoron by saying "In Pep I trust"..

Remember when we'd be behind late in a game and we'd throw the kitchen sink at a side...Doesn't happen these days, just continue to prod and probe at a snails pace playing tika taka passes along the backline.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.