Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Remember when we'd be behind late in a game and we'd throw the kitchen sink at a side...Doesn't happen these days, just continue to prod and probe at a snails pace playing tika taka passes along the backline.
You mean the time when we had two world class strikers in the starting XI and had another two ridiculously talented strikers to bring off the bench? Yeah I wonder what changed. Must be the shite tiki taka.

We've regressed in terms of speed and our ability to play fast.

We've got a fantastic squad, but we lack serious pace? In the back to back PL wins we had Sane and Sterling driving behind the fullback and cutting back for tap ins.

Now with the exception of Sterling every forward wants it to feet. Nobody is stretching the pitch. We've also lost Ferna's legs in the middle of the park. Rodri doesn't have the same speed either so we're more vulnerable on the break.

It's a problem that's stemmed from recruitment. In the all or nothing there were conversations about the PL and the speed/physicality you need. We're trying to be almost too technical.

Like I say the squad is fantastic. But it's flawed. The same issues that cost us the CL final is still there. And our rivals are much better.

Kane won't get any chances to score based on last few performances. He is not the only answer. The question is why are we so poor at going forward and creating chances?
Another one who missed the two good chances for Mahrez in the first half and sitter missed by Torres in the second.
Kane (and any half decent PL striker) would have got those on target at least.

He mentioned all these things in his post match interview. He'd have to be a really shit coach to not know where our failings are, when your average Joe Boggs fan sees it wouldn't he? Again, he can warn them about it all he likes, they can train against it, but he can't stop players being susceptible to it, or idiots like Ake just backing and standing off Son so he could just stroll into the area and pick his spot. Eddie needs to start throwing himself around to try and stop these shots as well, not standing there rooted hoping somebody will block it, although Dias probably put him off a bit.

Peps clearly a great coach but my own opinion is it's down to his rigid style of play. All coaches have blind spots but Pep's is so obvious and blaming the players for repetitive failings is a easy get out.

Peps clearly a great coach but my own opinion is it's down to his rigid style of play. All coaches have blind spots but Pep's is so obvious and blaming the players for repetitive failings is a easy get out.
Agree we need a fresh face at the helm is Pearce still unemployed:)

We had a back 4 who cost around £200 million and we still look incredibly shaky at the back. We have a grandad playing dm as pep seemingly doesn’t trust rodri after that mistake against Chelsea last season in the league game and to top it off we have no viable option up front and are instead relying on a young winger.

We sign grealish I assume to replace the departing Bernardo (if he can find a move) yet grealish is most effective when playing lw where we have foden and Sterling. Bernardo’s ball retention and work rate our so important for us defensively, people just focus on his stats but he helps give us balance in the midfield that others can’t. Im not slagging off grealish I think he is a very good player however I don’t think he fits Into the team as a cm unless he seriously ups his work rate.

We also gave the players a longer break than any other club in the league meaning we are now playing catch up both physically and in the title race as once again we are not ready to start the season and results will reflect this. Sick of pep moaning about the scheduling it’s the same for every fucking club and if im being completely honest you have one of the best squads in the league to pick from. Get on with it.

I am sure the season won’t be a disaster but it is disappointing to see us reluctant to spend the money needed to bring in a top striker when we have £140 mil of wasted money playing in defence yesterday in cancelo, mendy and ake all of whom are miles off the first eleven when everyone is fit.

Apologies for the rant just so frustrated still after yesterday’s performance

We’ll click don’t worry about that. We’re still not up to speed but if we finished our chances yesterday we win that game. Let the rags get giddy and carried away like they did last season it will hurt them more come next may

Just read a few reports on the game and it has been positioned as a Nuno masterclass, the bum licking of him is grotesque and doesn’t reflect the game. Yes, we weren’t great but it’s not a masterclass FFS.

There is one thing that really pisses me off though. Phrases such as despite missing 150m City target Kane and playing against 100m new City signing Grealish. It’s blatant negativity towards City and there is a possibility this could continue all season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.