Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Again, what's the value of the squad got to do with our best team?

We knew what our strongest side was based on form, & that included one from Fern or Rodri. If Pep thought Gundog was all you say he was as a CDM, why not play him there all season?

You state Guardiola made that statement before our match with Dortmund, but neglected to comment on what he said AFTER the CL Final. Pep said that the omission of Rodri & Fern from the beginning was tactical. He went on to say that City have an expansive attacking ethos, & that is how he wants us to play.

We both know the probable truth of the matter is Guardiola yet again threw a surprise curveball to wrong foot Chelsea, but he only ended up throwing his own players, & our plans into disarray.

Pep & Pep alone decided to rip up what had got us to the final, & apply a new set of tactics for the CL Final....... His plan failed miserably! :-|

Yet again, Pep did what many fans & pundits feared he'd do. I've no idea why you're even attempting to defend & justify that fateful move, but I won't as I knew as soon as I saw the line up how the match would probably pan out. We knew our strongest team & best formation. Pep should have shown faith with what got us to the final. That defeat was all on him.
I don't need to comment on what Pep said after the CL final, it didn't fucking work so what difference does it make. As you point out though, yes it was tactical apparently.
So man who gets paid 20m a year to make footballing decisions involving tactics, makes a decision that goes wrong. The decision which just involved changing one player, playing a CL finalist, multiple trophy winning midfielder at DM where he has played with such class and skill before. A truly incredible decision, up there with the likes of David James up front and putting Walker in goal in a CL group game.

Why oh why isn't he perfect? WHY DONT WE WIN ALL THE GAMES!

I have been trying to point out for two days now that there was a clear reasoning behind what Pep did on that day with Gundogan and that is it.

I have stated several times it was a fuck up and I disagreed with what Pep did, you seem incapable however of understanding that there was reasoning behind HIS decision.

Unless of course you think Pep is just a knobhead who wanted to lose that final so deliberately fucked around?

The defeat is on the whole team. If a squad of internationals playing at the highest level off the back of winning the premier league are incapable of playing without Fernandinho holding their hand then they all should have been sacked on the spot.

I guess it was Gundogans fault that Sterling couldn't score that 1-1 in the first 10mins or how about when De Bruyne got brutally taken out by Rudiger, I reckon Rodri would have beaten him to the ball and kept KDB in the game. Move on with your life from this game ffs.

PM's open if you feel desperately that you need some further help with getting over a game of football.

Against Spurs away who were CL Finalists 2 years ago? :-|

Why not play the strongest team possible for the opening match, & then rotate with the 2nd string against Norwich?
Pep didn't want to, he woke up feeling dangerous and said you know what. I am going to lose this game, just because I can. I am going to pick the most expensive 11 of players to ever grace a premier league football pitch and do everything in my power to make sure they create fuck all chances, concede stupid fouls and give away possession time after time.

I AM PEP GUARDIOLA! GODS GIFT TO THIS EARTH! CITY FANS WILL BOW DOWN AND DO EVERYTHING I SAY!

:-|

No guarantee at all we’d have beaten them with our strongest side.

Our weakest side is better then most in the prem aswell, so it’s not that bizarre to think he might rotate players and use our full squad.

your talking as if you would do a better job then pep ;)
No there is no guarantee, but they are a fitter and faster team, so there was no point in trying to match them on that, sounds a bit senseless to rotate on first game? and i am under no illusion that Pep is one of the greatest ever but when he wins he deserves credit and when he loses he should share the blame.

I don't need to comment on what Pep said after the CL final, it didn't fucking work so what difference does it make. As you point out though, yes it was tactical apparently.
So man who gets paid 20m a year to make footballing decisions involving tactics, makes a decision that goes wrong. The decision which just involved changing one player, playing a CL finalist, multiple trophy winning midfielder at DM where he has played with such class and skill before. A truly incredible decision, up there with the likes of David James up front and putting Walker in goal in a CL group game.

Why oh why isn't he perfect? WHY DONT WE WIN ALL THE GAMES!

I have been trying to point out for two days now that there was a clear reasoning behind what Pep did on that day with Gundogan and that is it.

I have stated several times it was a fuck up and I disagreed with what Pep did, you seem incapable however of understanding that there was reasoning behind HIS decision.

Unless of course you think Pep is just a knobhead who wanted to lose that final so deliberately fucked around?

The defeat is on the whole team. If a squad of internationals playing at the highest level off the back of winning the premier league are incapable of playing without Fernandinho holding their hand then they all should have been sacked on the spot.

I guess it was Gundogans fault that Sterling couldn't score that 1-1 in the first 10mins or how about when De Bruyne got brutally taken out by Rudiger, I reckon Rodri would have beaten him to the ball and kept KDB in the game. Move on with your life from this game ffs.

PM's open if you feel desperately that you need some further help with getting over a game of football.

Pep didn't want to, he woke up feeling dangerous and said you know what. I am going to lose this game, just because I can. I am going to pick the most expensive 11 of players to ever grace a premier league football pitch and do everything in my power to make sure they create fuck all chances, concede stupid fouls and give away possession time after time.

I AM PEP GUARDIOLA! GODS GIFT TO THIS EARTH! CITY FANS WILL BOW DOWN AND DO EVERYTHING I SAY!

The whole issue IS about what Pep said after the match. He did EXACTLY what many of us feared he would & we lost.

A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn by it. If you do learn, it's called experience which forms parts of the building blocks of life. With this in mind, PLEASE quit with the victim complex where Pep is concerned. He's wearing his big boy y-fronts & is quite capable of explaining himself.

You've taken a comment he made before a match weeks before, applied it to a final which took place weeks later, added some whipped cream & a cherry on top & put that forward as a justifiable reason as to why Pep did what he did.

The reason many are pissed off is because Pep has form for these strange decisions at crucial times, & more recently it's costing us. More to the point, & most crucially is the fear that Pep will do it AGAIN!

I asked you to stop cherry picking which multi-million pound players played against Chelsea in the two matches before the final, & post the complete starting line ups. It's not lost on me & others I'd imagine that you've neglected to do so. Why? Because it will probably blow your whole argument out of the water.

I can accept a mistake, but what I find hard to take is when someone keeps making similar mistakes over & over again. Again I repeat, this is the fear many fans have with Pep. We don't want rid of him, we just want him to trust what he's built & not to panic at crucial moments & most importantly to NOT underestimate our opposition.

The Rags, Chavs, Dippers & Spurs are no mugs, so we should always select a team to reflect & respect that. I don't need to PM you, as I respectfully fail to see what else you can add to this debate, judging by what you've posted.

I await the FULL line ups from our last league meeting with Chelsea & the FA Cup semi. Don't worry if you can't see the relevance, I'll explain once you post it. Or perhaps I won't need to. Your reluctance to post those starting line ups speaks volumes. :-|

No there is no guarantee, but they are a fitter and faster team, so there was no point in trying to match them on that, sounds a bit senseless to rotate on first game? and i am under no illusion that Pep is one of the greatest ever but when he wins he deserves credit and when he loses he should share the blame.

fitter? Most of them haven’t played in more then a month. He rotated because they haven’t played in pre season.

we’ve spent millions on our squad. Do you honestly expect him not to rotate?

I get what your saying, but we have the squad and team to beat anyone, but footballs not like that and you can’t expect us to win every game

The whole issue IS about what Pep said after the match. He did EXACTLY what many of us feared he would & we lost.

A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn by it. If you do learn, it's called experience which forms parts of the building blocks of life. With this in mind, PLEASE quit with the victim complex where Pep is concerned. He's wearing his big boy y-fronts & is quite capable of explaining himself.

You've taken a comment he made before a match weeks before, applied it to a final which took place weeks later, added some whipped cream & a cherry on top & put that forward as a justifiable reason as to why Pep did what he did.

The reason many are pissed off is because Pep has form for these strange decisions at crucial times, & more recently it's costing us. More to the point, & most crucially is the fear that Pep will do it AGAIN!

I asked you to stop cherry picking which multi-million pound players played against Chelsea in the two matches before the final, & post the complete starting line ups. It's not lost on me & others I'd imagine that you've neglected to do so. Why? Because it will probably blow your whole argument out of the water.

I can accept a mistake, but what I find hard to take is when someone keeps making similar mistakes over & over again. Again I repeat, this is the fear many fans have with Pep. We don't want rid of him, we just want him to trust what he's built & not to panic at crucial moments & most importantly to NOT underestimate our opposition.

The Rags, Chavs, Dippers & Spurs are no mugs, so we should always select a team to reflect & respect that. I don't need to PM you, as I respectfully fail to see what else you can add to this debate, judging by what you've posted.

I await the FULL line ups from our last league meeting with Chelsea & the FA Cup semi. Don't worry if you can't see the relevance, I'll explain once you post it. Or perhaps I won't need to. Your reluctance to post those starting line ups speaks volumes. :-|
Right, so you could say it was a mistake playing Fernandinho and Rodi in a double DM against them in the semi final because we lost. Pep thinks, won't do that again.
So in the league game he plays Rodri by himself, we lose that game as well. He thinks, won't do that again.
CL final rolls round, he plays Gundogan. We lost.

You seem to struggle with the idea that Gundogan can play at DM at the level required, so I gave you a quote from Pep saying he rates him there. So when a CL final rolls round and he doesn't want to use Rodri or Gundogan, its really not beyond the realms of possibility that Pep thought Gundogan could do a good job at DM is it?
That is not adding cream and a cherry on top, its a fact.

As for your obession with these lineups, are you incapable of finding the lineups yourself or something, why do you keep asking for them from other people? :-|

Is your argument that City played two weak teams in the semi and the league so its not a fair reflection? :-|
Had Pep picked Fernandinho or Rodri alongside 10 other strong players in the final we would have won? :-|

If so, you might be right, might be wrong. Unfortunately football isn't played on paper and you can't go back in time. We lost. Get over it. :-|

We lost in Lyon as well when Pep went fucking crazy and played 3 at the back. :-|

We lost against spuds as well when our players couldn't hit a barn door. :-|

We lost against the dippers that time as well when we had a full capitulation and lost it in the first leg. :-|

Its a game of football, Pep gets far more right than he does wrong.

Lets leave it here because clearly going round in circles. :-|

He didn't rotate though. He played those that have been playing in pre-season.

Rotation would have been dropping Mendy, Cancelo, Fernandinho, Mahrez and so forth for Zinchenko, Walker, Rodri and Jesus when they are obviously not fully fit and up to speed yet.

That is of course if you trust the professional opinion of a manager and his back room staff who have been in this game and know more than all of us on this forum put together.

We could do what Klopp does and run our first 11 into the ground and when they lose half a team to injuries you can act all surprised and bewildered about how its happened.

Right, so you could say it was a mistake playing Fernandinho and Rodi in a double DM against them in the semi final because we lost. Pep thinks, won't do that again.
So in the league game he plays Rodri by himself, we lose that game as well. He thinks, won't do that again.
CL final rolls round, he plays Gundogan. We lost.

You seem to struggle with the idea that Gundogan can play at DM at the level required, so I gave you a quote from Pep saying he rates him there. So when a CL final rolls round and he doesn't want to use Rodri or Gundogan, its really not beyond the realms of possibility that Pep thought Gundogan could do a good job at DM is it?
That is not adding cream and a cherry on top, its a fact.

As for your obession with these lineups, are you incapable of finding the lineups yourself or something, why do you keep asking for them from other people? :-|

Is your argument that City played two weak teams in the semi and the league so its not a fair reflection? :-|
Had Pep picked Fernandinho or Rodri alongside 10 other strong players in the final we would have won? :-|

If so, you might be right, might be wrong. Unfortunately football isn't played on paper and you can't go back in time. We lost. Get over it. :-|

We lost in Lyon as well when Pep went fucking crazy and played 3 at the back. :-|

We lost against spuds as well when our players couldn't hit a barn door. :-|

We lost against the dippers that time as well when we had a full capitulation and lost it in the first leg. :-|

Its a game of football, Pep gets far more right than he does wrong.

Lets leave it here because clearly going round in circles. :-|

Cut the phaff & name the line ups in both matches. But you won't will you, as your argument & 25000 words typed today will be rendered as useful as dog diarrhea on a soaking wet day.

Stop going around the houses & name the line ups??? :-|

Again, what's the value of the squad got to do with our best team?

We knew what our strongest side was based on form, & that included one from Fern or Rodri. If Pep thought Gundog was all you say he was as a CDM, why not play him there all season?

You state Guardiola made that statement before our match with Dortmund, but neglected to comment on what he said AFTER the CL Final. Pep said that the omission of Rodri & Fern from the beginning was tactical. He went on to say that City have an expansive attacking ethos, & that is how he wants us to play.

We both know the probable truth of the matter is Guardiola yet again threw a surprise curveball to wrong foot Chelsea, but he only ended up throwing his own players, & our plans into disarray.

Pep & Pep alone decided to rip up what had got us to the final, & apply a new set of tactics for the CL Final....... His plan failed miserably! :-|

Yet again, Pep did what many fans & pundits feared he'd do. I've no idea why you're even attempting to defend & justify that fateful move, but I won't as I knew as soon as I saw the line up how the match would probably pan out. We knew our strongest team & best formation. Pep should have shown faith with what got us to the final. That defeat was all on him.
Keep pep or sack him?

Cut the phaff & name the line ups in both matches. But you won't will you, as your argument & 25000 words typed today will be rendered as useful as dog diarrhea on a soaking wet day.

Stop going around the houses & name the line ups??? :-|
I feel sorry for you. You must struggle with the internet;
GK31Brazil Ederson
RB2England Kyle Walker
CB5England John Stones
CB3Portugal Rúben Dias
LB11Ukraine Oleksandr Zinchenko
CM20Portugal Bernardo Silva
Substituted off
64'
CM8Germany İlkay Gündoğan
Yellow card
35'
CM47England Phil Foden
AM17Belgium Kevin De Bruyne (c)
Substituted off
60'
CF26Algeria Riyad Mahrez
CF7England Raheem Sterling

Enjoy.

Catch you on the next post-match thread when that bloody bald fraud has got it all wrong again, if only he had learnt from his mistakes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.