Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Missed Bernardo today
Bernardo played there last year in an identical game which we lost. He’s not the reason we didn’t win today. Not taking chances when on top (who says we don’t need a striker) and not being able to combat counter attacking teams killed us. No kdb, Foden, stones, Walker, rodri. It’s why I wasn’t overly confident to start with despite reading by one poster how we’d win as we finished x amount of points ahead of spurs. Fans will be a factor this year. We need to get at it quickly

Funny we still haven't scored there.

Anyway, since we can't win any points there it's in a way good to have it out of the way. We could have lost points vs many teams on our missing fitness and form.

We have to keep calm, find the net asap and somehow win the next 2 matches at home.
(Loud Grealish welcoming included.)

I prefer chasing the pack anyway and going on a winning run deeper in the season would be nice again. Not much lost today. The lads will surely show a good reaction.

Slow start as usual, but I don't think we're going to be afforded to have one.

If we turn up and play that slow and turgid against Liverpool, Chelsea. We're going to be in a poor situation very early on.
Most likely at least 9 points behind by the time we get beat at Anfield.

Sterling needs to play alongside a centre forward - proper centre forward - who creates the space.
He’s definitely struggling playing in our team and has been for a long time now. He obviously played better for England who were ultra cautious. Not sure how we can set up to help him tbh.

Surprised all the stick Ake is getting on here, I thought he was one of the few to come out with any credit.
You're probably right but for me he's never going to win a game, too cautious.

Just out of place in a decent side, mid table standard at best.

Not for us at this time.

Its not hard to win the battle if one player is allowed to foul 5 times in the first half without getting a card
That was an absolute disgrace to be fair as was Anthony the prick Taylor time wasting

I truly cannot believe we haven’t been linked with a left back this summer
Mendy still has 2 years left on his contract. We won’t sign a left back until he’s gone. We hope that will be next summer, but don’t bank on it.

no preseason.

half a first team squad.

difficult run of starting fixtures.

relax everyone, you think after last season we arent aware its a marathon, not a sprint.

we have the deepest squad in the league and once frequency increases, players get injured and go out of form for other rivals we will be there or thereabouts come the business end of the season.

once kane signs next week, starts banging them in and spuds lose their first game they'll be the ones calling for their managers head in 6 months.

reeeeelax.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.