Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

As I cannot see the Pep thread in Player Performances I do want a rant at him for his level of leadership since last May. He keeps making the same damn mistakes, he keeps playing Mendy, he keeps playing Sterling . His team has no tempo .We can see it, opponents can see it !!
2 years ago we knew Sergio and David were done and yet here we are with a toothless clueless attack. His substitutions are awful and have no impact. He waves his arms about on the line. So many players under performing Jesus ,Rodri ,Sterling Mahrez, Bernardo wants out ...Rant over

Here from the States. Perhaps this has been posted already but - NBCSN. I mean, the commentators. Arlo White in particular. On and on about the fans being back. Yeah I get it. But then goes on about how its just enriching the Spurs players. How the beauty of the fans and how they're rewarding the Spurs players with their defense and industry. I mean - come on. Enough already.

As for the players. Mendy. He has moments but when he goes high up, he seemingly could not get back. That left Ake with some decision making that he didn't want to have to do. Ake always seemed a bit stretched.

Torres. Invisible. He couldn't get the ball. Perhaps not his fault but - he has to find a way to get to space or create it.

Mahrez. Should have finished that one-timer in the box.

Subbing on Zinny and KDB. I'm glad they came on. But, they came on too late. Game was at a high level of pace. To expect them to come on and immediate contribute with the time remaining was a big ask.

Sterling. Its the same Sterling for City. Not the Sterling for England.

One thing I noticed was that when we were in possession at midfield, 1-2 times - we completely stopped the ball. I think either Dias or Ake literally put their foot on top of the ball and scanned the field. I've never seen us do that.

Its one game. There should be no fitness excuse for next week. All starters should play. And I guess we will see what happens with Kane this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.