Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Kinda worried if we spend 1/4 billion up-top, backed-up by a dodgy midfield and defence. hopefully the silver lining on today’s cloud will be that they realise that there are other priorities!
What, the same dodgy midfield and defence that won the league by 12 points last season, conceded the fewest goals and had the POTY in the centre of that defence?

we lost this fixture (Spurs away) last year to but imo we played much better in that game vs Mourinho in November. they had 2 shots and scored 2 but at least we had 20 shots, and some bigger chances of course we missed everything. still Spurs didnt have as many better spells as today and that Spurs at that points was the in form team in the league if you remember was even on top spot maybe after 11-12 rounds or so.

we need to rip Norwich City apart at home next week, my worry is they will turn into a very defensive side, not leaving huge gaps for attackers, picking up runners, parking the bus, playing for their life and scoring 2x from 2 shots all game, so basically everything they did not even try to do at home vs Liverpool yesterday the fuckers.

but 180 minutes vs Leicester and Spurs, we did not create many clear chances and the ones we had we probably couldnt even get them on target. Against Norwich the scoring has to start, when if not against them at home?

Kinda worried if we spend 1/4 billion up-top, backed-up by a dodgy midfield and defence. hopefully the silver lining on today’s cloud will be that they realise that there are other priorities!
My thoughts too. Apart from midfield where we are potentially superb with all available we have vacancies virtually everywhere and people wanting away who could be very useful. Sure we'll come through it but looks a bit sticky Inthe short term to me.

It's been a long summer for a lot of our players & the next few games will be hard as they regain match fitness & play into the season. I would place no importance on the result of the first match of the season. If we are reasonably close to the top in January other teams should worry because City know how to put a set of results together & hold their nerve.
Yeah I think I mentioned this in the preview thread. I thought Spurs would somewhat have the upper hand with the superior fitness

For me I was just happy to be proud of my team. And whatever team you supported you'd have to say it was great to see fans back into the stadium and I'd say overall it was a thoroughly entertaining game (unlike SPurs v City games in previous seasons)

What excuse can you muster for his brain...
Confidence.

He needs a run of games where he can start to build his confidence and effect the game in a positive way. He's probably not going to get that this season. He'll be lucky if he gets two or three at best.

At the moment he's trying to force it, and the second he puts a bootlace out of line he's getting absolute pelters.

For me the game was more or less lost before the start of the season
Pep gave Sterling, walker and stones and Jesus I think an extended holiday and low and behold again we get off to a sluggish start to the new season.
Sterling was hopeless today again and Stones and Walker didn't feature.
Stones and Walker play we don't lose this match today.
Rags yesterday had shaw, maguire, pogba etc all starting and they had a decent pre season And most other teams had the internationals back.
Why the fuck can't all our players be firing and ready to go?

Peps not helped us with his over cautious and arrogant approach to the new season In my opinion. We got away with it last year due to lack of crowds, we won't be so lucky this season.
I've every sympathy for fans who have been to London twice in a week and seen us have 1 fucking shot on goal.
this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.