Spurs (a) - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the most prevalent issue last night was the lack of press and how easy they by-passed our midfield. Gundogan for all his technique, does not (yet) have the same press as KDB does and that seemed to in turn cause Silva and Fernandinho into old habits.

Personally I would play Fernando and move Fernandinho up higher, he has the energy and can also play. On top of that, Stones 100% has to play and Kolarov at left back to switch the play.

The only question mark for me is Navas or Sane, I trust Navas more (i know, i know) but that's only because i've seen more of him than Sane. The only problem there is that I assume Sterling would move to the left and he's been so dangerous on the right. Saying that, against Swansea in the cup late on Navas played on the left and i think he did ok.

Bravo
Sagna Ota Stones Kolarov
Fernando
Sterling Fernandinho Gundogan Silva
Aguero
Toss up between Fernando or Sane. Went with Fernando for cover and let Fernandinho push forward.

Hoping for a win and think we'll nick it on the break but a draw at Spurs wouldnt be a bad result.

Silva in the.middle gundogan as sub play sane/navas as starter. 1-3 City

Hopefully the result v Celtic won't affect the players' minds too much. Would be a shame to come into a negative spiral all of a sudden.
Not too worried about attack either way, but defence was quite appalling last night. Sure Pep will deal with that.

Hopefully the result v Celtic won't affect the players' minds too much. Would be a shame to come into a negative spiral all of a sudden.
Not too worried about attack either way, but defence was quite appalling last night. Sure Pep will deal with that.

The result appears worse than it actually is because we thought we'd get 3 points without too many problems, however just like last season the defence is the main concern at the moment.

For me, the most prevalent issue last night was the lack of press and how easy they by-passed our midfield. Gundogan for all his technique, does not (yet) have the same press as KDB does and that seemed to in turn cause Silva and Fernandinho into old habits.

Personally I would play Fernando and move Fernandinho up higher, he has the energy and can also play. On top of that, Stones 100% has to play and Kolarov at left back to switch the play.

The only question mark for me is Navas or Sane, I trust Navas more (i know, i know) but that's only because i've seen more of him than Sane. The only problem there is that I assume Sterling would move to the left and he's been so dangerous on the right. Saying that, against Swansea in the cup late on Navas played on the left and i think he did ok.

Yeh I know what you mean. You fear the game could just pass Sane by. Whereas despite the obvious shortcomings and poor final ball at least Navas gets stuck in and keeps his shape. You sort of feel if Sane plays we're going for the win

The players didn't look too demoralised or disappointed at the end when they came over to the city end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.