Spurs (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Spurs (A) Prediction

• Win

• Draw

• Lose

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that writes City off in this match is deluding themselves.

Could be a fairly high scoring game. Both teams have better attacks than defence.

Got a feeling we (Spurs) will nick it but my predictions are generally terrible.

New session of Guess the team/score compy starts with this game.

Can you get inside Pep's head?

Rules & Regs in the first post in here:- https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/...score-compy-session-1-game-1-wolves-a.347266/

To be fair I don't think he was including Everton or Aston Villa in with the title contenders.

I think he just sees the title race as wide open but has no belief in City being the ones to do it. I was more shocked by the fact he actually thought City could finish 7th. I don't think there's any decent standing for that opinion.

Like I said, I think the press box, and the wider public has got a very distorted view of City at the moment. Maybe due to the game in hand dropping us down the table, maybe because we've not played well during the injury crisis and people hesitate to put 2+2 together and would rather look at a "Pep's overstayed" narrative.
Our recent defensive form has been largely ignored, whilst our strikerless attacking issues haven't been. Well the strikerless part has been ignored.

The impact of Dias signing and Laporte being fit has gone unnoticed. But Walker giving away a penalty or two hasn't.

I prefer it this way anyway. I've said for a while that if we can go incognito for a spell like in 2014 we can play without a lot of pressure. I saw on Twitter that interestingly since the CL started we have the 2nd best form of all CL teams throughout Europe, behind Bayern. So we can just plod along fine.

It's been ages we watched City play ... especially after being spoilt with a game every few days ... and it still is a good few days away ... oh, wait we have another round of international games still to go.

Our recent defensive form has been largely ignored, whilst our strikerless attacking issues haven't been. Well the strikerless part has been ignored.

The impact of Dias signing and Laporte being fit has gone unnoticed. But Walker giving away a penalty or two hasn't.

I prefer it this way anyway. I've said for a while that if we can go incognito for a spell like in 2014 we can play without a lot of pressure. I saw on Twitter that interestingly since the CL started we have the 2nd best form of all CL teams throughout Europe, behind Bayern. So we can just plod along fine.
Yep , The media have been quick to recognise we are not scoring bucket loads , but less so that we are looking very strong at the back.
Merson won't realise it until next season, though to be fair some of our own have gone along with the mantra.

Anyone that writes City off in this match is deluding themselves.

Could be a fairly high scoring game. Both teams have better attacks than defence.

Not sure that holds true anymore,we have a very good back 5 now.Our attack has been a bit lame recently,but i suspect it may be on the up again.

We're due to leather someone :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.