Spurs beat Stoke and they've automatically got 4th sewn up

IF we win our games in hand then we are above Spuds, therefore not out of reach! I think???

NiceN Sleazy said:
According to SSN apparently it is all done and dusted:-
Fortunately for the Cameroon international, Kranjcar struck an excellent winner in the 77th minute to place Spurs out of reach of Liverpool and Manchester City, who are not in action until Sunday.

Who are they trying to kid,,lol?

Themselves.

After the games on April 3rd City, Spurs, Liverpool and Villa will all have played 32 games. I'd say we need to be within 2 points of 4th by then.

SWP's back said:
citymad said:
You have to admit its going to be tough to stop Spurs right now. They're a much more settled side than us while were struggling to play well for more than 45 mins in a game. We have to get at least a point tomorrow because we have Everton on Weds and I can't see us winning that one. Nothings changed for me I still reckon we'll finish 7th.

We beat Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal at home so why cant we beat the mighty EVerton?

Spurs winning today was to be expected and they have a tougher run in.

We also have the best home record in the leagues.

I reckon you are about as wrong as you could get.

Hahaha....Why am I wrong ? Tell me how many games have we truly bossed this year ?. Chelsea, although it was a great result we rode our luck in that first half. As for the Sunderland game we had a 12 days off and couldn't raise our game in that first half. Everton if you know your football have that great combination of work ethic, solid defenders, good movement and creativity. Plus they have a manager that doesn't do daft things like sitting on the bench while the half time talk is going on. They will be very hard to beat and very confident of winning at the Coms.

kenzie115 said:
Not only do Spurs have to play Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United in the run-in, that's the top 3 who are all pushing for the league, they play them all consecutively.

Before that they play Sunderland who have recovered some of their injured players and hit a small patch of form, and afterwards they have to come to City.

Can you imagine if they lose those 4 games, which isn't unrealistic, they won't have much confidence come May 5th will they?
Can I just point out though that Spurs haven't lost to Chelsea at home for the last five seasons, and winning two of the last three. We also tend to draw with Arsenal at home. And you guys all know what Spurs' record is like against City, home and away.

The only game you'd look at and say was a sure fire loss would be Man Utd away, where we always play terribly.

We've won a game today which I had expected us to lose, or draw at best, so that is a big result for us at the moment. We've also won the last four league games in a row, with Portsmouth at home next.

We're also without Woodgate, King, Huddlestone, Jenas, Lennon, Bentley, Defoe and possibly Pavlyuchenko now.

Hopefully we'll be getting Huddlestone, Lennon and Defoe back within the next few weeks, which will be a massive boost for the three games against the top 3.

Obviously though, if we don't get them back and, with the way our luck is currently going, get even more injuries to our first team, then it'll be a massive struggle.

Although, I do think that 4th place will be decided on May 5th.

if we beat fulham tomorrow all will be forgotten,like fergy scum said,win all of our matches and well get 4th

worth remembering that Dippers have got some tough Europa games coming up and that Villa and Spuds are both still in FA Cup, the latter having a replay mid week.

our squad is larger and we have less injuries so should last the pace better.

we will get 4th.

citymad said:
SWP's back said:
We beat Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal at home so why cant we beat the mighty EVerton?

Spurs winning today was to be expected and they have a tougher run in.

We also have the best home record in the leagues.

I reckon you are about as wrong as you could get.

Hahaha....Why am I wrong ? Tell me how many games have we truly bossed this year ?. Chelsea, although it was a great result we rode our luck in that first half. As for the Sunderland game we had a 12 days off and couldn't raise our game in that first half. Everton if you know your football have that great combination of work ethic, solid defenders, good movement and creativity. Plus they have a manager that doesn't do daft things like sitting on the bench while the half time talk is going on. They will be very hard to beat and very confident of winning at the Coms.

Ha - Bad WUM.

I know my football and as such I am well aware that no team in the world comes to the COMS very confident of winning at the moment. Sounds like you support Everton. What do we have chopped liver? Great forwards, talented and lightening fast wingers, aggressive mid-fielders, a strong back four now they are settled. Not to mention taking more points from behind than any other Prem team (so our work ethic aint bad) and a manager that who not only doesnt look like a protagonist from Lord Of The Rings, has also actually won stuff. Lots and lots of stuff.

I wouldn't swap our position and run in with any other teams. That is for sure.

I Know What I'm Talking About said:
kenzie115 said:
Not only do Spurs have to play Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United in the run-in, that's the top 3 who are all pushing for the league, they play them all consecutively.

Before that they play Sunderland who have recovered some of their injured players and hit a small patch of form, and afterwards they have to come to City.

Can you imagine if they lose those 4 games, which isn't unrealistic, they won't have much confidence come May 5th will they?
Can I just point out though that Spurs haven't lost to Chelsea at home for the last five seasons, and winning two of the last three. We also tend to draw with Arsenal at home. And you guys all know what Spurs' record is like against City, home and away.

The only game you'd look at and say was a sure fire loss would be Man Utd away, where we always play terribly.

We've won a game today which I had expected us to lose, or draw at best, so that is a big result for us at the moment. We've also won the last four league games in a row, with Portsmouth at home next.

We're also without Woodgate, King, Huddlestone, Jenas, Lennon, Bentley, Defoe and possibly Pavlyuchenko now.

Hopefully we'll be getting Huddlestone, Lennon and Defoe back within the next few weeks, which will be a massive boost for the three games against the top 3.

Obviously though, if we don't get them back and, with the way our luck is currently going, get even more injuries to our first team, then it'll be a massive struggle.

Although, I do think that 4th place will be decided on May 5th.

Not sure why you people have to come on a City site but, since you have, it's fair comment. only time will tell. Lots of strange results to come I think and, whoever gets fourth, will deserve it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.