Spurs fans...

MickyBenno81 said:
spurspinter1 said:
forevermancity said:
Vdv is injury prone and has been found out now ala elano
Bale is very average, one good game against inter got him that award that shocked EVERYONE in football
Sandro is a run of the mill player, a bit like cayebe at Newcastle
Huddlestone, don't even go there
Modric is class and wants to go

Anyone I missed?

I'd agree that VDV is injury prone, how exactly has he been found out? Scored 15 goals in his first season in English football and showed good form in Pre-season. Didn't have good games against Utd or you guys but how is that being found out?

Bale is an over-rated player, no doubt about it. And as usual with over-rated players, there's a crowd of people who see this and under-rate him in an attempt to beat the system. He is still learning the game, at his age he has much more time to develop. And I think you'll find he had two good games against inter ;)

Sandro is fucking awesome. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Real Madrid or somewhere similar in a couple of years time, hopefully not though...Someone so young with such good reading of the game is a rare thing, so disciplined as well. You probably wouldn't have put in 5 against us if he'd been on, all hypothetical now though of course

Hudd has not really been fit for a season and a half now, injuries are halting his progress no doubt, but his quality is there to see. The English Alonso if there ever was one.Modric may want to go, but he signed a 6 year contract with no release clause a year ago, his agent is to blame.

You forgot Parker as well, but I'll refer back to the Bale over-rated thing for this I guess, just another run of the mill player eh?

I do apologise for coming on your board and going on about our midfield though, but the Newcastle comment was quite funny.

hahahahaha, i was after a good laugh this morning - and you, my deluded friend have just made my day.

Just shown this my rag mates in the office and they found it highly amusing as well!

hahahahahaha

Thought the same myself,but they were lucky we didnt smash 9 or 10 past them.

quiet_riot said:
Sandro's best moment:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnE5RC74dXU[/youtube]

I'd probably say this was his best moment actually....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8xqoVq8JbU[/youtube]

I love the celebration as well.

I think you are being overly harsh on the Spurs midfield. Sandro was easily the best opposition player I saw at the Etihad last season, and Modric's class doesn't need to be explained. Kranjcar can play a game, while VdV didn't play in a world cup final for being shite. A few consistency issues, but a unplayable on his day. Huddlestone is the only one who I don't really rate, but he does know how to hit a ball! If they had cover for the wings, they would be much stronger. Though it's a rarity, if Bale and Lennon are both on their A-game, they could beat anyone in the league.
It's just the tactical genius they have in charge which holds them back.

MickyBenno81 said:
hahahahaha, i was after a good laugh this morning - and you, my deluded friend have just made my day.

Just shown this my rag mates in the office and they found it highly amusing as well!

hahahahahaha

Not quite sure what is so funny, I'm obviously not saying he is as good of a player, not even close but he has a similar style, and has the technique that many English midfielders lack. Of course he has weaker sides to his game, but his fitness issues are stopping him from improving on them.

Or was it the Sandro comments? Do you not think playing a defensive minded midfielder would have stopped you scoring as many? Our centre backs did have shockers but they were offered little protection, which was to be expected as Krancjar is not a centre midfielder.

forevermancity said:
spurspinter1 said:
forevermancity said:
Bale is very average, one good game against inter got him that award that shocked EVERYONE in football

Anyone I missed?

I'd agree that VDV is injury prone, how exactly has he been found out? Scored 15 goals in his first season in English football and showed good form in Pre-season. Didn't have good games against Utd or you guys but how is that being found out?

Bale is an over-rated player, no doubt about it. And as usual with over-rated players, there's a crowd of people who see this and under-rate him in an attempt to beat the system. He is still learning the game, at his age he has much more time to develop. And I think you'll find he had two good games against inter ;)

Sandro is fucking awesome. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Real Madrid or somewhere similar in a couple of years time, hopefully not though...Someone so young with such good reading of the game is a rare thing, so disciplined as well. You probably wouldn't have put in 5 against us if he'd been on, all hypothetical now though of course

Hudd has not really been fit for a season and a half now, injuries are halting his progress no doubt, but his quality is there to see. The English Alonso if there ever was one.

Modric may want to go, but he signed a 6 year contract with no release clause a year ago, his agent is to blame.

You forgot Parker as well, but I'll refer back to the Bale over-rated thing for this I guess, just another run of the mill player eh?

I do apologise for coming on your board and going on about our midfield though, but the Newcastle comment was quite funny.
So out of 10, how would you rate your midfield an ours?

Modric-9
Parker-7
Sandro-8
Huddlestone-6
Bale-8
VDV-7

Silva-10
Yaya-9
NDJ-9
Barry-8
Milner-7
Nasri-9
Aj-8

It's difficult to say really, do we consider age/injury issues as something with affects their mark? I'll assume not.

Modric-9.5- He really is on another level compared to our midfield
Parker-6.5- With Sandro out long term and Hudd's fitness, he is needed
Sandro-7- Will be Brazil's holding midfielder, he's taken little time to settle and has become one of the first names on the team sheet. AC Milan away was godlike, I'm sure there's highlights of it somewhere
Huddlestone-7- The quarterback, spreads play fast, getting the best out of wide players, lack of mobility and injuries are problems though
Bale-6.5- He seems to believe his own hype at the moment, not tracking back as much as he should do, and he hasn't been playing well since getting raped by Charlie Adam. I hate that man. Potential is there to be a 9/10 I reckon
VDV-7.5- He has the technique and ability, and he has a real winning mentality, occasionally this comes out of him in a prima donna way though. Always scores against Arsenal. Corners and free kicks are normally terrible though, and he doesn't let anyone else take them....

Silva-9.5- Loved him when he was at Valencia, skillful, the man to spark things off. Versatile as well.
Yaya-8- A changed player in his time at City, once he starts running it's hard to stop him, attacking prowess and defensive awareness combined. Seems to be struggling fitness wise this season from what I've seen though
NDJ-7- Offers little going forward, but he obviously doesn't have to. You'll probably disagree but I still think he is fairly reckless at times in the tackle, when more discipline is required
Barry-6.5- Not a star player, but a neccesary cog in the machine, simple passes and covering the space
Milner-6.5- Definitely has an engine, but not really creativity or flair.
Nasri-8.5- Three assists against us I believe, it's nice being able to admit how good he is now ;)
Aj-6- Might be controversial, but in honesty, it is what I think of him. I posted this a while back in my home forum. "Every game starts off the same, you see him fresh and ready; The future of England. He gets on the ball early on, does a step over and shoots from wherever he is at that point in time. Then he repeats this cycle twice then fades in to the background. He re-emerges on the 70th minute when he has a hissy fit after being substituted for a player that actually might have some sort of effect on the game." He hasn't done much t change my mind since that post to be honest

THFC6061 said:
Bluemoon115 said:
THFC6061 said:
Our club is run on sound business principles, whereas yours isn't.

It's as simple as that.
Explain how City aren't, in detail, or apologise for that remark.

Well for starters, the last set of financial figures available has City spending 106.4% of their total income on player's wages.

UEFA recommend a maximum spend of no more than 70% to be financially viable.

Any business, be it a football club or anything else, can't spend more than it's total income on wages and expect to be run on sound financial principles.

The season previous to that had City declaring a loss of £89.7 million - the highest figure in the Premier League that season.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/PremierLeagueFinances.html

uefa recommend. ffs. have you heard yourself, our owner made £4 billion in profit from selling his barclay shares alone, and you think uefa can tell him how best to look after his own financial well being.

MickyBenno81 said:
spurspinter1 said:
forevermancity said:

Anyone I missed?

Hudd has not really been fit for a season and a half now, injuries are halting his progress no doubt, but his quality is there to see. The English Alonso if there ever was one.Modric may want to go, but he signed a 6 year contract with no release clause a year ago, his agent is to blame.

hahahahahaha
I think Sandro is a very good player and he has the potential to be an excellent player. Don't know what you find so funny, but you're welcome to your opinion. Wouldn't trust rags to know decent footballers though.

Speculate to accumulate.

Sandro looks like a triffic player to be fair.

r.soleofsalford said:
THFC6061 said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Explain how City aren't, in detail, or apologise for that remark.

Well for starters, the last set of financial figures available has City spending 106.4% of their total income on player's wages.

UEFA recommend a maximum spend of no more than 70% to be financially viable.

Any business, be it a football club or anything else, can't spend more than it's total income on wages and expect to be run on sound financial principles.

The season previous to that had City declaring a loss of £89.7 million - the highest figure in the Premier League that season.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/PremierLeagueFinances.html

uefa recommend. ffs. have you heard yourself, our owner made £4 billion in profit from selling his barclay shares alone, and you think uefa can tell him how best to look after his own financial well being.

THFC601 isn't saying the rules are there to ensure your owner makes money from the business, from what I understand the rules will be in place to create a level field financially.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.