Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Goalkeeper goes up to catch the ball and is buffeted. Foul all day long, but was it a City defender who buffeted him? Also , the initial corner where Eddie came tear-arsing out to beat the Spurs player? The guy was two yards offside, right in front of the lino. I think I haven't got incidents confused!!

Didn't look offside on the TV, was about a yard onside in fact on the replay.

MEN are incorrect. It doesn't matter where the arm is for a goal scored or whether it was deliberate you already cannot score with the arm, the rules are being changed because it doesn't already spell it out but the offside rule already infers it. He didn't see it hit the arm... the ref taps his hip. He wasn't given the behind the goal angle directly in front of it. It hurts but we are going to have to suck up the fact we had a wrong decision go against us again.
Are you sure about the rules? Until the rules spell it out next year you can’t infer a decision from an offside rule for a handball decision. Five-live also stated the same, it is hard to take, but take it we must. Last year we were shafted by the referee, this year we were unlucky, but credit to spurs they earned their luck. We are not arrogant rags or self entitled dippers we are Man City and we fight to the end, we celebrate our successes and take our setbacks on the chin with a touch of manc humour and come back stronger.

Absolutely gutted, only love hate like this ????

good morning after the nightmare before bedtime

well how do a start ??? pain and so much hurt

i could headline my post with almost 10 times with something negative but am not going down that route and i have done all the punishment and kicked every thing myself last night, thank god a don't have a cat or dog ???? football was never like this and i don't think my body can take much more, yes winning is great and over the past 10 years we have had ups and downs and losses, but last night was a kick in the teeth and hurt so much ???

could not ask much more of the players and manager and club. and we played our part in a game that will live long in the minds and i don't think losing last night will hurt us in the long run, and i now believe pep in what he was saying that we are not ready to win in europe and the knockouts stages is another level we must learn to deal with

but VAR and we all have been saying it ?? will kill the game we all love, it just does not work or should i say just another tool for the officials to help cheat ??? because last night clearly something dodgy happened ?? the spurs goal was hand ball and a couple of replays shows it clearly hitting the arm but VAR was showing the ref the wrong clip ??? and its looks like it just hit the hip of the spurs player ??? they even played it in slow motion and the ref still got it wrong ?? was it just me or am the only one that could i see the ball clear hitting the arm and the muscle ripple with contact ???

any way its done and dusted and we must pick our self up and go again still bigger picture for me is the premier league and fa cup now we have a clear picture and can 100% go for both and even winning one of them will be a good season, so lets believe and smile the sun is out manchester city are a fucking great club and would not swap my team for all the tea in china (but boy you live your life being a blue) hurt pain joy glory sorrow all in 90 minutes of a manchester city game ???

BT Sport and BBC are an embarrassment.
We didn’t get BEAT by Spurs.
They went through on the away goals rule.
It was our own fault. We gifted them the chances to score. Until we sort out that problem in our game, we won’t progress in CL.

The crowd were immense. They deserve credit for the atmosphere they created.
Can’t see us being so charitable on Saturday.

BT Sport and BBC are an embarrassment.
We didn’t get BEAT by Spurs.
They went through on the away goals rule.
It was our own fault. We gifted them the chances to score. Until we sort out that problem in our game, we won’t progress in CL.

The crowd were immense. They deserve credit for the atmosphere they created.
Can’t see us being so charitable on Saturday.

Yes the unbridled joy of all these wankers is another downside to losing on away goals. The better team lost but that's football. In any game if your centre half and keeper play like someone plucked them from Sunday league football and threw them in the deep end you are up against it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.