Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Slightly embarrassed to reappear here.

For years Spurs have been synonymous with snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It is nice to have it the other way round for a change.

Well played to everyone. I hope I could say that if the result had gone the other way.
You lot look better without Kane, it's like everything has to go through him first before you mount an attack but without him you're more fluid.
And Son, wow what a player he is. I didn't realise how good he is. He grafts, he scores, he links play up, he's phenomenal.
If I wanted to sign anyone out of your team it would be him, forget your Kane and deli.
Anyway good luck in the next round, I hope we get a repeat scoreline on Saturday:)

I still can't believe pundits and refs are saying that it didn't hit Llorente's arm.

On the other hand I can believe it.

For years Spurs have been synonymous with snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It is nice to have it the other way round for a change.

Well played to everyone. I hope I could say that if the result had gone the other way.

Fair play. Great game of football, absolutely gutted but what a game. Do us a favour though, if you end up facing the dippers just make sure to beat them eh?

Goalkeeper goes up to catch the ball and is buffeted. Foul all day long, but was it a City defender who buffeted him? Also , the initial corner where Eddie came tear-arsing out to beat the Spurs player? The guy was two yards offside, right in front of the lino. I think I haven't got incidents confused!!
I haven’t watched a replay but Son looked at least two yards offside and I sit along the edge of the penalty area.
Lino’s don’t put their flags up because they think if a goal is scored it will be reviewed.
Then they win a corner from the offside, get another corner where they scored with a handball.
They review the handball only, yet a blatant offside directly led to the goal.

We were told VAR would erase mistakes and yet at the time we warned that this kind of thing could happen if Lino’s don’t flag for offside when they see it

Well played and enjoy. To say you lost Kane and Alli in the first game and then Sissoko in the second that was an amazing victory. Although actually I personally think losing Kane was the best thing that could happen for you, we have much bigger problems defending against a player like Son than we do Kane. And the game last night was perfect for Son and he took full advantage.

I haven’t watched a replay but Son looked at least two yards offside and I sit along the edge of the penalty area.
Lino’s don’t put their flags up because they think if a goal is scored it will be reviewed.
Then they win a corner from the offside, get another corner where they scored with a handball.
They review the handball only, yet a blatant offside directly led to the goal.

We were told VAR would erase mistakes and yet at the time we warned that this kind of thing could happen if Lino’s don’t flag for offside when they see it
Son was clearly onside, Walker played him on.

With hindsight, Fern and Gundog both in DM, with KDB and Bernardo AM plus Sergio and Raheem forward would have been better. Sorry El Mago.

Well fucking said boys, ALL on the same page.

I can’t recall specifically but is it in UEFA’s guidelines how many angles get shown, or if it’s a single angle I take it the VAR official decides. Based on last nights scenario this will always be open to bias and corruption then.

Is anyone here in any doubt that if we had scored an identical goal that the angle through the net would have been the one shown?

Absolutely sickening.

Don't be. You won fair and square. I haven't delved into the refereeing assessments. It's enough for me that they were reviewed and rightly or wrongly the calls were made and we always have to accept their judgement.

I was gutted last night. I'll never forget that game. I thought the fans of both clubs who went to the game deserve a pat on the back. Spurs fans were celebrating afterwards, but there was no goading and City fans let you get on with it.

I just went home quietly blurting out expletives every 10 minutes or so, but saw and heard plenty of City and Spurs fans wishing each other the best on the way back. Enjoy Amsterdam. Wish it was us but can't feel sorry for ourselves. Got a Cup Final and a League title to fight for

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.