Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

We didnt go through because we conceded 3 goals.
You can’t do that and expect to progress.
The fact that we nearly did shows we’re so much better than them but in the CL we seem to brain fart at the back so often.
It shouldn’t be treated any different to a prem game when we dominate all areas of the pitch throughout.
But for some reason their mentality changes and we can’t cope.
Raheem kevin bernardo and gundogan quality. Gutted
So gutted, thought Gundo was average at best, the other 3 were terrific though. Not sure re mentality, thought we were just unlucky and PEP underestimated first leg which ultimately cost us.

Ultimately several events cost us.
Weird team selection first leg.
Missed Pena.
Gundogs inability to shoot under the bar.
Laporte’s drop bollocks!
You can get away with 1 or even a couple of these
but combined it was not going to get us through.
We move on to Saturday and put this behind us.
Keep the faith FFS! CTWD.

You can't help but think the VAR twats intentionally withheld the one angle the ref needed for Llorente's handball.
For a ref to come away thinking it only hit his hip is a travesty.

With that said, De Bruyne was at last season's level. Sensational tonight
Yes, I thought that. Funny the one angle that shows clear arm involvement is withheld, it's almost like there is an agenda!!!

I wish we had VAR in PL. Now I am scared there will be an offside goal for Spurs or United and they nick a point with that as there wont be VAR to help us.

Very frustrating. Had a horrible feeling about tonight and even when it went 4-2 thought we would fuck it up.

As many have said I think Pep fucked up badly in the first leg. Not getting an away goal always puts you at risk.

As for tonight the defending was ridiculous as others have said, you wont win this competition without defending solidly. The corner they got from which they scored should not have even happened had Ederson caught the cross. He should have, basic goalkeeping.

One thing that needs to happen is we need to find someone who can take fucking penalties. Ultimately missing the fucking goal from 12yds out has probably cost us our place in this competition. It could well cost us the title as well.

I thought Ederson was fouled in the first corner so the second shouldn’t have been awarded. That said, I told my missus they would score from the corner because our defending is gash.

What's up with David Silva?

He's been poor for a good while now.

Time waits for no man - been the best player I’ve ever witnessed in a city shirt but he’s unfortunately coming to the end.

As gutted as i am it was a cracking game of football, especially from a neutral point of view. However that comment won't console many on here but we went down fighting tonight to a spurs side who really wanted it, so fair do's I suppose.

Still gutted but hey ho shit happens: /

I thought we played them off the park yet only really had six players operating at the top of their game. Had two or three others weighed in with more we should have been comfortably through.

100%! problem is this season it’s generally the same players doing basics wrong and giving away the ball so easily.

Fine margins win or lose games. The perfectly timed Fernandinho tackle was given as a foul and ultimately led to them going up for the two corners. We can blame decisions, VAR etc but the simple fact remains that the 1st leg and the shite defending tonight cost us the tie.

In a nut shell....but hopefully onward and upwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.