Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Credit to spurs, son in particular was brilliant for them, as were their two centre halves in the second half.

We dropped back after Aguero scored though - the Silva/Fernandinho sub telegraphed that and made us drop off .

Silva was poor and was due to come off, but it felt like a turning point - we could have really turned the screw at that point

Yeah I know what you’re saying but answer me this.

My dad is 74, recovering from having half his kidney removed two weeks ago (cancer), was too tired to stay up tonight and is going to watch it “as live” when he wakes up at 6am. The poor fucker is going to go through all of that, he’s going to celebrate the last minute winner and then he’s going to be so upset, as we all have been.

What the fuck should I do? It actually hurts my heart to imagine and know what he’s gonna go through. Wouldn’t wish it on anyone, let alone a poorly old guy. I’m half wanting to text him and tell him to call me before he watches it rather than let him go through all of that when he’s not well.

I’m sat here, two hours ahead of you lot with no clue what I should do. As I say, it’s pretty cruel either way.

That’s not even difficult mate. Tell the poor bloke not to watch it!

But you can’t pull the pain from football and just hold onto the joy. And you know that.

He’s my advice, text him the following “dad, I love you but I can’t let you go through that knowing what I know. City lose. But they lose with a win and with loads of pride. Every neutral is talking about that as one of the best CL ties of all time. If you can control your emotions then watch it. If not, just google the result and hold off for Saturday.”

Yeah I know what you’re saying but answer me this.

My dad is 74, recovering from having half his kidney removed two weeks ago (cancer), was too tired to stay up tonight and is going to watch it “as live” when he wakes up at 6am. The poor fucker is going to go through all of that, he’s going to celebrate the last minute winner and then he’s going to be so upset, as we all have been.

What the fuck should I do? It actually hurts my heart to imagine and know what he’s gonna go through. Wouldn’t wish it on anyone, let alone a poorly old guy. I’m half wanting to text him and tell him to call me before he watches it rather than let him go through all of that when he’s not well.

I’m sat here, two hours ahead of you lot with no clue what I should do. As I say, it’s pretty cruel either way.

My honest reaction at various points tonight was; how many more years of this am I going to put myself through?

I reckon you've got to give him some sort of clue that somethings up with that game.

Something along the lines of; 'If you want to watch it whilst recovering - who am I to say don't, but it's one of the most intense games with more goals and twists than you'll ever see again. And I'm not talking about what happens in the first half!'

We didnt go through because we conceded 3 goals.
You can’t do that and expect to progress
The fact that we nearly did shows we’re so much better than them but in the CL we seem to brain fart at the back so often.
It shouldn’t be treated any different to a prem game when we dominate all areas of the pitch throughout.
But for some reason their mentality changes and we can’t cope.
Raheem kevin bernardo and gundogan quality. Gutted

Agreed Doris. You can't concede three goals, at home, in the qtr finals of the champions league, to spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.