Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Our most reliable player in mid-seadon had a shocker. Getting eliminated by that bunch of bottlers is inexcusable no matter how we blame VAR and UEFA

Someones just posted spurs fan twitter comments so time to go. But still lots to play for. Apart from costly mistakes and corrupt var decsision the lads put in a fuckin a shift and so fuckin proud to be a Blue. Hangover at the gym tomorro but will walk tall. My neighbours a spurs fan and one of best neighbours ive had over the years so we'll have our usual bantz but my mind is now on sat and smashing the ****s and retaining the PL. Come on Blues. Make us believe!! Love this fuckin club.

Well thanks for that Laporte, couldn't make those mistakes earlier on in the season then :-/ at least he'll learn from it.

Ah well maybe next season.

What a game from a neutrals point of view, had absolutely everything and one of the best games I have seen in years.

I'd have liked City to go through as I think you would have provided the toughest test for Liverpool, however I cant say im too dissapointed now as it leaves you to fully concentrate on the league which is more important (for anyone who doesnt support them lot).

Just hope Barca/Ajax do the business in the CL as you cant rely on Spurs not to choke.

Teams like Barca rarely make mistakes at this level

Until our players stop making them we'll never win this competition.

Last edited:
You can't help but think the VAR twats intentionally withheld the one angle the ref needed for Llorente's handball.
For a ref to come away thinking it only hit his hip is a travesty.

With that said, De Bruyne was at last season's level. Sensational tonight

was thinking the same, on both your points, KDB looks back to his best, and the images/replays I saw on BT seemed clear that it hit the elbow and then hip, and Rio & Lescott (defenders) seemed to think the same, but the striker and spurs fan thought it was just the hip.

Yes and when VAR is in your favour in the first leg you should take advantage of it, that penalty miss cost us dear in the end.

Still love Aguero to bits though.

There were so many events that could have changed the tie. We had a good three or four more golden chances to score today. Had the wind blown differently we might have gone through...

Seriously though, we’d have struggled again in the next round or two. That back four simply isn’t good enough to win the Champions League. Our other players pull us through the Premier League. But we have not been solid enough defensively to reliably defend a slender lead since Mancini.

If we’re serious about winning this thing then we should go all out for Koulibaly and bring in two more quality full-backs. That’s on top of replacing Fernandinho and, most likely, Gundogan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.