Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Cheated again as I knew we would be , if this VAR corruption is in next year you’ve just had a taster of what it means , another level of cheating and absolutely kills the joy of the game for me ..... we can’t celebrate goals now until someone , somewhere in a studio in his refs kit tells us we can , nah not for me .

Yeah I know what you’re saying but answer me this.

My dad is 74, recovering from having half his kidney removed two weeks ago (cancer), was too tired to stay up tonight and is going to watch it “as live” when he wakes up at 6am. The poor fucker is going to go through all of that, he’s going to celebrate the last minute winner and then he’s going to be so upset, as we all have been.

What the fuck should I do? It actually hurts my heart to imagine and know what he’s gonna go through. Wouldn’t wish it on anyone, let alone a poorly old guy. I’m half wanting to text him and tell him to call me before he watches it rather than let him go through all of that when he’s not well.

I’m sat here, two hours ahead of you lot with no clue what I should do. As I say, it’s pretty cruel either way.
Honestly mate I’d tell him. I went fucking mental when that goal went in and was so deflated like never before when it was disallowed. I think you know what you plan to do already.

Writes for a national newspaper - uses multiples of same emoji in tweets? Bizarre.

TBH I'd say don't quote idiots on Twitter because their whole game is getting attention, and that's sadly what the 'I' is turning into. I remember my parents buying the first month of the Independant - bit of a shame the offspring has set out it's stall as a clickbait site with journalists going attention seeking on Social Media

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand the comments re first leg and defending etc, but after all that we had done enough to go through. Then the handball is given as a goal. That's what hurts most. We had overcome our fuck ups then were screwed.

I think what a lot of people are missing in the reaction to this game is the effect of Llorente, ederson needs to command his area better at corners and Llorente was able to exploit that.

The handball was just not clear enough! So I can see why it was given. Spurs had a lot of luck over both games.

Offside was offside :-(

I just think we had no luck and maybe needed a sub or 2 quicker over both games from pep.

We totally outplayed spurs over both games for me.

Just think how many more games we have played than most teams the squad is 2/3 players away from finishing these games off.

Proud of the boys & pep let’s keep our trophy now blues

Something about the CL just brings the worst out of us and we just lack something.
Losing against Spurs over 2 legs is poor and hugely disappointing.
Congrats to Spurs and hats off to the City fans tonight, they were brilliant.
Oh well, back to the drawing board, we seem to be getting worse at this CL malarkey

Only ourselves to blame. Fucking gifted them 3 goals, can’t be needing to score 5 at this stage of the competition, against this level of opposition, to go through. Laporte was absolutely dreadful and Ederson not much better.

They’ve both got big credit in the bank for a fine season. Let’s give them a break, eh? Shit happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.