Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Ultimately several events cost us.
Weird team selection first leg.
Missed Pena.
Gundogs inability to shoot under the bar.
Laporte’s drop bollocks!
You can get away with 1 or even a couple of these
but combined it was not going to get us through.
We move on to Saturday and put this behind us.
Keep the faith FFS! CTWD.
Pretty much this.
Damage was done in the first game.
We can’t defend but get away with it mostly due to the amount of possession we have.
Being a goal down from the first game without an away goal meant we had to go at them. They’re good on the break and we left gaps you could drive a bus through.

Face it our defending isn’t good enough. VAR looked correct to me after several viewings but have to admit, I just don’t know the rules anymore. Was it offside or does Bernardo's touch not matter.
I thought it was offside.
Didn’t think it was handball at the time but after the game it looked like it hit just below the elbow, maybe at the same time as his hip.

Marginal stuff, but if you can’t defend you put yourself in that position. It shouldn’t come to that.

On a brighter note. KDB was on fire.

Could've , would've , should've the Champs league is proving to be a poison chalice for our lcub , we have shot ourselves in the foot against Monaco , Dippers and now Spuds , if UEFA banned us tomorrow it would certainly save me a lot of angst. Please UEFA ban us for booing your anthem , you know you want to

if i had a choice of which game to lose, either tonight or saturday i would ave chosen tonight.
a domestic treble will more than comensate thank you very much, now lets win the fuckin lot!

Hell yes fully agree

Funnily enough I’m not that bothered it was a great game to witness and then you come out the stadium and find they hand balled it into the net, well that’s uefa for you. I’ll take that result Saturday please.

A silver lining is that we no longer have to juggle this schedule:

Burnley away 28/4
Ajax home 1/5
Leicester 4/5
Ajax away 7/5
Brighton away 12/5

Quite apart from the VAR nonsense, I've always loathed the away goals rule (it's so arbitrary, and can give the away team an artificial advantage in the second leg) so it's particularly annoying to go out to that again.

Fuck UEFA

Fuck the absolute fraud of a competition the "Champions League"

And Fuck Spurs the detestable mockney chas n' dave ****s.

It's all setup now for Uefa's fairytale anyway with a Barca vs Ajax final and the Cruyff connection etc.

Meanwhile we need to get on with the important business of destroying Spurs on Saturday (which needs to be done for the sake of all that is good in this world) and retaining our title because we are still the best fucking team in this country bar none

I love Pep, but we are out because Pochettino was braver in the away leg than we were.

It’s nothing to fucking do with being brave.

We’re on for 4 trophies in one season until tonight, half way through April.

He had to get some rest in somewhere and he chose that game, we didn’t go hell for leather and he made a few changes.

Aguero bags that pen or Laporte doesn’t have a stinker tonight or the fucking referee gives handball like the rules state - we’re through and still going for all 4.

It’s bad luck, most of which our individual mistakes have cost us.

None of this is Pep’s fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.